Saturday, July 07, 2007

So we are in Blythe,CA visiting my family. It's about 100 degrees outside at 9:30 in the friggin' morning! We tried to go to the park at 8:30 yesterday morning but after about 15 minutes we were too hot and just went home. My parents have a pool but after 10 in the morning it's too hot to swim until 7 at night. Sigh. Every year that I come back after moving away it gets harder and harder to deal with these summers. And Rae is getting harder to entertain inside all day, especially since she's used to being able to play outside for most of the day in Davis. But she is enjoying it here for the most part and has been really well-behaved. And Blaise is having a good time too.... he loves all the room to crawl (he's really zooming now!) and is pretty intrigued with the cat and dog.

We leave on Thursday for Germany! I'm getting more excited and more nervous. On the drive to Blythe we tried Benadryl on Rae and it put her right to sleep, so if it's needed on the 11 hour (non-stop) flight we know it works! Wish us luck!

I'm hoping to meet up with some old high school friends today. One has a baby girl a couple of months older than Blaise. At the firework show on Wednesday I ran into a guy from HS that I hadn't seen in like 4 years (maybe even since HS actually - 5 years) ...he's going to TX to teach English. Another friend spent this past year teaching English here at the HS after graduating from UCLA and now she's teaching summer school before heading off to NM for graduate school. It's crazy that we are all grownups now doing real stuff. :) (Well, I'm a mom and Roy will be doing real stuff in a year when he finishes school) And then of course I saw many other classmates at the firework show who look like they are up to a bunch of nothing....stuck in Blythe not doing much at all. I didn't have any desire to talk to those ones...same as when we were in school together.

Being in Blythe makes me appreciate Davis and I've been thinking about a few of the things I really enjoy in life....that post will come soon...Blaise is waking up.
Publish Post

No comments: