Sunday, May 06, 2012

Claire's 1st Birthday



 Okay, so I have been horrible at doing any updates - and all the changes Blogger made are not gonna help things!  But I want to at least document Claire's birthday!  My next goal is to get her birth story documented!

"Hi! It's my birthday party!"
Claire's birthday was on April 28th, but were planning to attend the Kansas City Temple open house that day, so we were going to celebrate on Sunday the 29th. Well, Friday afternoon (the 27th) I remember that Roy had to attend a school function on Sunday, so we decided we better do Claire's birthday that night!  I ran next door and asked our neighbor if she'd like to come celebrate with us. My kids all love her (and her dogs!) but Claire was nervous to have her in the house I guess! You can see in the pictures that she is eying her across the table suspiciously!




"Why is Annette in  my house??"

Claire loves strawberries and she loves whipped cream, so I thought this would be the perfect cake! She was in heaven!



She thought the new stroller was for her! She was really mad when we tried to put the new doll in it!

The next day we went to KC to see the temple.

She got this cute outfit from my parents and wore it to church the next day.
I had two videos I wanted to post too, but I can't get them to load, so I'll try again later.   Claire went to the doctor on Wednesday for her one year check up and she weighed 20lbs 2 ounces and was 30 1/2 inches long.  As you can see her hair is still super light (and has reddish tints) and her skin is still pale - it's gonna be a fun summer with this girl! I never had to worry about the other kids so much!

Claire is such a fun addition to our family.  The other kids are always going on about what a sweet baby she is - but she is feisty too! Her latest thing is to climb the stairs anytime she wants a change of scenery.  She gets mad if anyone is up there playing without her! She also loves to be outside.  She's a good napper but not so great sleeping at night. She still nurses all day and all night long - which is fine with me for now - ask me again a a month or two!  She still sucks her thumb a lot - mostly when she is nervous or tired. She's not very friendly with anyone outside of our family.  Everyone at church wants to hold her or play with her but she doesn't really want anything to do with them.  Isaac was the same way and he's just starting to come out of his shell -so I'm not worried about it.  Hopefully she'll be friendly with her grandparents when she sees them this summer.   Oh, and I should add that Claire started taking a few steps here and there when she was about 9 1/2 months old - but didn't start walking consistently till she was about 10 1/2 months old. Our slowest walker- but we love her anyway!

1 comment:

Olivia Carter said...

Looks like fun!