Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The latest



I know most of you have already seen these events/pictures on facebook - but I like to be able to refer to my blog to remember dates/events, so I'm recording it all here too. I know the camera must have some more recent stuff on it, so I'll try to transfer those and blog about them tomorrow. Nothing creative coming from my mind this week - all I can think about are all the little things I have to do for the move!

One of the counselors in our primary presidency lives on a farm and does all of the work herself (milking cows, butchering lambs, feeding chickens, making cheese - just thinking about it make me feel so lazy and unproductive!) We had a primary activity there a few weeks ago. Rae liked to get up close the the animals, but Blaise did not (and Isaac stayed home with Roy, thankfully)


Feeding a goat

Blaise wanted to wear his "farmer hat" which is also his "cowboy hat", depending on the situation. He was excited to pose in front of some horses with his hat on!

Uh, yeah, I dyed Rae's hair. I found some hair dye on clearance at Walmart, so I bought it for myself. Then I convinced Roy that he should dye his hair. I didn't feel like using the remaining dye on my hair because I had done my recently, so I thought it'd be fun to do Rae's hair! Judge me all ya want!

For the 4th of July our city had a cupcake contest again this year so this time Blaise entered too. I showed both kids a bunch of different cupcakes on the Family Fun website, and Blaise chose this one. I thought it was a good choice, because he could actually do most of it himself.

You are supposed to have 5 cupcakes for the judges to taste and 1 that you put on a special display for the judges to look at. For Blaise's we put his in a flower pot with some fake flowers. I wish I had taken a picture - ergh!

Rae was actually able to do most of her cupcakes by herself as well. They looked a LOT better in person and her display cupcake was REALLY cute. I'm so angry that I didn't take a picture! We put a cupcake in the middle of a paper plate with some rocks around it like a firepit. Then we took two polly pocket girls and sat them on the rocks and one of them was roasting a marshmallow. I think that extra effort probably got her a lot of points. She tied for second place! Her friend Franny won first and her friend Corinne got second along with her. It is an honor to be winners with these girls - their cupcakes were amazing!


3 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Dyed her hair! I LOVE IT!

And those cupcakes are SOOOOO cool! I can't believe they were second place- those first place ones must have been made of gold!

Unknown said...

Ashley, I loved the post about Isaac, he is SO CUTE.

Also, I think Rae looks sweet with that auburn hair, not just any kid could pull that off.

Nice job on the cupcakes. I take it you got a new cupcake pan? Cause last I knew you were cursing that oven of yours for burning all the bottoms. All those cupcakes are so cute! How fun you entered the contest.

Ash and Joe said...

Rae got in the newspaper! so awesome! i have still yet to accomplish that feet...