Sunday, July 25, 2010

Rae's birthday party

Since we are moving before Rae's birthday, she got her party early. We had a pretty simple pool party at the park with pizza and cake. The hardest part of the party was tracking down phone numbers for friends from her kindergarten class. But I was able to get a few and I think Rae was really happy to see them again before we leave!



The cheesy birthday girl!

The boys had fun too

These little guys love the wading pool!


One of my favorite things about Kirksville are these little wading pools. They have them at 3 different parks in town and they are free to use. They even have a lifeguard on duty. This one is right down the street from our house and was open on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. There is another one that was open everyday (except Sunday) but it was always really crowded. This one was perfect, never too crowded, but always enough kids to play with. We will really miss these pools!


Getting ready to pull the pinata
(Which I got for free at a health expo)

The loot!

Blaise and his buddy! I bought rings for each of the girls to take home.

Just hanging out on his own.

Keeping with the "pizza" theme - we sliced up some giant cookie!

I think it was a success!

6 comments:

lindsey said...

looks like fun, i wish we had something like that... i am still trying to figure out how to make lily's party more fun.

Katie said...

They looks like the perfect kind of party. Especially when you packing! Good for you for making it special even though you are so busy.

Christie said...

We totally need wading pools like that here!

Olivia Carter said...

Looks like SUCH a fun party!

Unknown said...

the party looks like it was fun and sucessful. I think the cookie vs cake was great. I love Rae's bathing suit, 2 of my grandaughters and one of Kathy's have the same suit.

Audra said...

I am sooooo behind on blogs! But I am caught up now! Yes, Isaac is sitnkin cute, conrat to Rae for the cupcakes (and you too), and that party looks like a lot of fun!!!