Saturday, September 18, 2010

And the winner is.....

My sister-in-law Jamie with her guess of May 5th! My due date is May 4th. Only three people guessed days in May. Most people probably didn't think I'd be announcing it if I wasn't further along. When I was pregnant with Isaac I waited till I was 13 weeks before I announced it to most people but this time around I just felt like getting it out there!

I found out on August 31st. I really, really didn't think I was pregnant - I even bought a three-pack of pregnancies tests so that I'd have some for the next month. We were trying, but I had only been "fertile" for a couple of months, so I wasn't expecting it at all!! Isaac and the new baby will be just one week shy of 2 years apart - our closest kids so far. I'm a little nervous about that. But May is a fantastic time to have a baby because Roy will get done with school the second week of May and then have the whole summer off. So, he may not get 6 weeks of paternity leave like my brother-in-law, but it's the next best thing :)

Just this week I started feeling a little queasy and have started getting headaches. I probably need to start taking iron supplements to help with the headaches - I've had to do that every pregnancy. I haven't puked yet, so I'm happy about that. Oh, and I haven't been to the doctor yet, but I'm 95% sure about my due date - and I've been exactly right about the other three!

I'm excited that Jamie won - because I know she loves chocolate as much as I do, and she will be winning a bag of these:



Oh YUM! And Jamie, you don't have to share with Aaron, because he didn't bother to come and guess ;) Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

11 comments:

Katie said...

Hurray for Jamie! That was a really good guess.

lindsey said...

oh man I wouldn't have guessed it right anyway! I could've sworn you said May 1st! Congrats Jamie!

Jamie said...

Yay! I didn't even think I was gonna win. I love those chocolates too! Thanks Ashley and congrats to you!

SewSara said...

aw man, i almost guessed may! shucks :(

congratulations again! 4 kids ... wow!
i hope we don't make that leap for another year or so at least. :)

Audra said...

That was Lettie's due date!!! Awesome! I am glad I did not win thought because I love those chocolates so much... they are my favorite. And each time I get them I promise to pace myself and end up eating them all in about 2 days max :)

Ashley said...

Audra - I never make it two days before eating the whole bag! Today when I bought some at Walmart I had to really resist buying a bag for myself!

Jamie - I'm glad you like them. Sorry it's not as exciting as Katie's prize, but her husband makes twice as much as mine ;)

Sara- I know, FOUR kids! Yikes!

Olivia Carter said...

WoW! I was WAY OFF! I guessed why earlier! CONGRATS! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

Christie said...

Glad I'm not the only one that loves those chocolates so much that a bag rarely lasts more than 2days (and yes, sometimes only one)

Unknown said...

YAY!!! That's so exciting, my dear! You're such a fun mommy! How cool you're having #4!!!!! I hope you're feeling great! Congratulations!!!!

Sami said...

Congrats on the pregnancy! I'm so excited for you. I've been gone since the 17!! I would have loved to be part of the guessing game!

Looking forward to updates on the pregnancy.

DeGooyer Family said...

WOW - congratulations!!!! Hope you're feeling OK! And hope you're liking your new area.