Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A little rusty

I'll have to get back in the habit of blogging. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to back-track and update you on our past month. I started a draft all about Roy's birthday so maybe someday I'll finish that, but for now I'm just going to say that we had good birthdays in December and good vacations. We went to Vegas from the 18th-26th then Blythe from the 26th-Jan 2nd. We got a lot of awesome stuff for Christmas and enjoyed time with the family. I was going to post some pictures, but I'm using the laptop and can't find them anywhere- I think Roy deleted them when he put them on the desktop computer.

In other news:

Roy: Leaves on Thursday for an interview at University of Utah. (This is for a post-doc position.) Then he has an interview at BYU 2 weeks later. (Also a post-doc) He applied to something like 45 positions, so hopefully we'll be hearing from a lot more in the next few weeks. Right now he's a TA (for the same class he TAd last quarter) so other than a few hours a week for that he spends his time preparing for interviews and trying to come up with new ideas.

Ashley: Is sad that Roy leaves on Thursday! Ahhh! I've never been home alone before, so this should be interesting. I started Weight Watchers when we got back from vacation. I lost 3lbs my first week and I weigh in today and I think I've lost about 3 more pounds. If I ever manage to squeeze in some exercise I'm sure I'll do even better. But last week I had some back problems and now it's raining, so there is always an excuse. I'm seriously looking into joining a gym (one with babysitting) so I can just go in the middle of the afternoon without taking up Roy's time. But I'll have to see if that's going to fit into the budget!

Here are some photo examples of some goals of mine:



This is the skinniest I've been since having kids. This was when Rae was 8 months old (March 2005) and I was almost in, maybe even in the top of my "ideal weight range". Unfortunately this didn't last very long. I've got quite a bit to lose.




I also want to grow my hair this long. Right now it's to my shoulders and it's driving me crazy. I want to cut it but I'm holding back.


Rae: Is now officially potty-trained! She hasn't had a daytime accident in more than a month!!! A couple of weeks ago she asked if she could wear underwear to bed, so I let her and she went about a week without having an accident! But then she had a few accidents in a row, so we are back to pullups until she can show me that she can keep dry at night. She's in Sunbeams now (a class in church) and she likes it a lot. She loves to sing the primary songs even if she doesn't know the words. She'll sing just about anything and put her own words into it. For example (not a primary song) she likes to sing "John Jacob Jingle Heimer Schmidt, That’s my name too" but she sings "Don jacob dingle pirate ship". She's so much fun!

Blaise: Is getting two molars! He has his four front top teeth and three bottom front teeth, and now he is skipping to his molars. We didn't even notice they were coming in, but now we know why he's been so IMPOSSIBLE lately! He went to the doctor for his 12 month checkup last week and he's a measly 21 lbs but he's 32 inches long. He's just so long and skinny. He just wants to nurse all day long and won't drink any whole milk, so it's going to be tricky to get some meat on his bones.

I think that's everything going on right now. I'll try to post pictures later today.

7 comments:

Audra said...

I can't get Callie to do anything but nurse too! I am on WW too, my sister is too! I am on the verge of wanting to do a chocolate binge but I am keeping my goals in mind! Ha! I hope the interviews go well for Roy! That is exciting! Oh, and see if you can join a gym with the babysitting... it is SO NICE! When I go, I drop off the kids and think... this is my me time this is my me time over and over... I try to fool myself that I actually like getting tired and sweaty!

Audra said...

oh, and you totally need to put a link to my blog on your site... then if people go to your site and click on my site it will show up on my Google analytics and I will think that is too cool! I am easily pleased!

Jamie said...

Hey Roy when you get here let Aaron and I know and we can get together sometime.

Katie said...

Nice update. That is great about U of U and BYU. I would personally love to live in Utah - it is one of my favorite places. Good luck Roy.

Great job with the weight loss Ashley. I think I have given up on myself. I also really like your hair long.

Pao said...

I know you did not ask but if you want to join a gym I strongly recommend peak performance , they do have child care and would be a break for you too and is month to month so you can cancel whenever you want.I did cancel just because Tyler did not want to stay, but now he's mature and he will love to go.I may go back.Good job for the 6 pounds!I know that is very hard to loose that , for me especially.

Andrea said...

Finally a post with some meat to it! Good to hear from you again! That's awesome on the weight thing. Keep it up. I have a treadmill at my house that needs a workout if you want to avoid the rain. I can't believe Blaise is only 21 pounds. Jakob is almost 19 and is 7 months. Yikes! Anyway, should we start an exercise group? Maybe a mommy kid exercise group. That's not a bad idea huh? We could just run around in the cultural hall for an hour. Sounds good to me!

Ixchelle said...

great pictures Ashley! You are a very pretty girl.