I can handle it okay when the kids are sick, but when I'm sick too - that's when it is just unbearable!! I'll break down the barf fest for you:
Thursday 11:30pm Rae pukes in bed. Poor thing tried to wipe it off with a tissue. Got her cleaned up and got in bed with her to try to catch anymore puke that might be coming. She drank a bunch of water and then promptly threw that up. Cleaned her up again and put her back to bed. She slept really well after that. Roy had used some questionable jelly on her PB&J sandwich earlier in the day, and joked that if she threw up we would know the jelly was bad. So we figured that was why she was puking. In the morning she seemed fine and ate a ton of breakfast too quickly. She threw up again. Then she really seemed fine, so we went about our day, playing at the playground (sorry everyone that she played with!!) and everything. Later in the afternoon she was complaining that she didn't feel very good and we all took naps. (I still thought she wasn't very sick, just really tired from being up the night before) That night she and Blaise had a bit of diarrhea.
Saturday we were all okay. Then Saturday evening Blaise threw up twice. In the morning he seemed fine and we were all getting ready for church and he threw up again. And then Rae started complaining that she didn't feel well. So we all stayed home from church. At noon it hit me (it probably would have hit me sooner, but I was fasting and as soon as I ended my fast and ate something it all came out!) I had the runs all afternoon and then when I tried to get up to get some fresh air I threw up. I stayed in bed the rest of the day. Not a very peaceful Sabbath.
And today? We are all a little slow and feeling yucky. Rae has been complaining all day about stomach pain, and just now she headed to the bathroom with the runs. I think that made her feel a lot better. She just had a Pedialyte popsicle and she's a lot perkier now. I have a ton to do but no energy to do it. Roy is gone proctoring a midterm and as soon as he gets home we are taking him to the airport. He's going to ASU and will be home Wed evening. The house is a mess and I just want to sleep all day. I know everything will be fine. I know I can get the house cleaned up tonight or tomorrow, and I know life is still pretty good. Luckily Roy hasn't been sick (so far - I did make sure he packed some anti-diarrhea medicine just in case) so he was able to take care of us and prepare for his interview (probably not as well as he would have liked). Hopefully we'll be back to normal by the time he gets home! Wish us luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It is one thing if your kids are sick, but when kids and mommy is sick... not a good combo! On a positive note, it will help your diet ;)!
LOL- I weighed myself this morning (this is after fasting and then the runs and barfing) and I loved what I saw! Unfortuntly I felt better this afternoon and made up for it!
ugh.
Post a Comment