Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Christmas Eve

On the morning of Christmas Eve we woke up to a nice fresh layer of snow and it was falling all day - what a perfect white Christmas! We made cookies and took them to a few neighbors and then played in the snow.





Isaac stayed inside where it was warm and practiced being cute! Hmmm, pretty sure he was in those pajamas the entire day!

That evening we pulled out all of our yummy treats for our tradition of "pig-out" night. We wanted to add pizza to the mix again, but we live too far from any decent pizza places :( So this year we added nachos. Yummy yummy!


Then we each opened one present.

I encouraged the kids to open the presents from each other - which were cheapo dollar store gifts. I wanted to save the more exciting stuff for the morning!


The boys playing with their toys. Roy opened a remote-controlled helicopter that was a present from himself.

This is why my Christmas frames were always in various places in the house.

The best present was this nativity set that my mom MADE! We had a set like this when I was growing up and for the past couple of years my mom had been working on a hand-crafted set for each family. The detail on each figure is awesome. What an amazing gift!


I especially LOVE the wise men - check out all the detail! Thanks again mom!

No comments: