1,2,3 Magic

Even if you don't want to follow the discipline plan that it lays out, it's a good book that gives a lot of good insights into a child's mind. For our current situation it is working really well. I think with all parenting you can't get too stuck on any one type of idea or method and you have to be willing to change it up when things are working.
But, for now, it is making life with Rae a whole lot easier. This is a good method for people like me who get way to emotional while trying to discipline and who tend to try to reason with their child which results in arguing and then yelling. Using this method you give no reasons and no explanations (unless absolutely needed). I don't know really how to explain it, but if you are feeling out of control with your child and you fight everyday, definitely read this book!
And, there's a second section about how to get your kids to do what they are supposed to do (getting ready for the day, doing homework, getting ready for bed, chores, etc) The other method is for getting your child to STOP doing what bad behavior they are doing, and the rest of the book talks about how to get you child to START doing good behaviors. I haven't read the second section yet. I'm really looking forward to reading it, because I get so impatient with Rae!
Anyway, the book is pretty short and is easy reading, so even if you don't think you need it, check it out and browse it a bit. (Oh, and it's for ages 2+)
Oh, and THANK YOU Rachel for telling me about this book!!
Happy parenting!
1 comment:
Ash - I just had someone else recommend this book too. I will have to check it out now. Lately I have been going a little nuts sometimes.
Post a Comment