Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Why I love this time of year...

...lots of yummy fruit! In our house at the moment we have a watermelon, 4lbs of strawberries (thank you Costco!) oranges, bananas, cherries (yay, they are finally in season and only 99 cents a pound!) and yesterday we polished off a cantaloupe. It's easy to eat healthy when you've got lots of fruit for snacks instead of other junk.

Now I'm looking forward to the plums, nectarines and peaches! We live in a great part of the country for yummy produce!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Very envious - fruit is definitely not that cheap yet. We will get cheap peaches later on. Cherries 99cents a pound??!?! wow. I would be soooo regular if we had those around :o)

lindsey said...

seth and i were just talking about how rexburg never has good fruit... they don't import what is in season else where... sigh. i guess later we will get good cherries and peaches from a guy that parks on the side of the road... but they won't even be local because we still don't have leaves on our trees