Wednesday, May 07, 2008

A few recommendations

Here are a few things I've been appreciating lately:

Huggies Overnight Diapers



Blaise used to nurse the entire night and would wake up sopping wet almost every morning. Now he drinks his water as he falls asleep and drinks it several times a night and used to wake up sopping wet. At Christmas my MIL gave me some Huggies overnights and we started using them recently (they are size 4, so he just got into that size) He has not had a leak since we started using them. He wakes up every morning with a diaper that weighs a ton but he never leaks! We only use them at nights, so they have lasted us a long time and when we run out we will spend the extra money to get some more - they are so worth it!

My mop. It's got a washable/replaceable head and it works really well. I don't mop very often (because I'm lazy, because the kids always spill something ridiculous right after I mop, and because my floor is crappy apartment floor that looks like the inside of a locker room and it looks dirty no matter what) and this mop can cut through all the grime and filth without a lot of effort. I really recommend it.

Immersion blenders. We use it for all sorts of stuff - pudding, soup, getting the chucks out of salsa for Roy, getting the chunks out of yogurt for Roy, getting the chunks out of healthy chunky spaghetti sauce (for Roy and the kids). It's quick to set up and quick to clean up. I got ours at Walmart for 10 bucks. Later on I found on on clearance with a few extra features, so I got that one for 15 bucks, and although the extra features were nice, it didn't seem to work as well, and now it's already broken. But our original one is still going strong! Love it!

Ugh, there was something else and now I can't remember!! I'll update later when I remember. Anyway, just some random stuff I was thinking about.

2 comments:

Christie said...

We love Higgies Overnights! I can't imagine how Elizabeth would survive without them. I've been wanting an immersion blender and looked on Amazon, but they were pricier than that. Not entirely sure what I'd use it for, though. But for 10 bucks I'd get one.

Prof. Wright said...

What's with the spelling today? Chucks? Higgies? You two have lapchildren or something?