Thursday, March 19, 2009

Finishing up Spring break

After we left the zoo we drove a little ways out of St.Louis towards home and stopped at a Costco. My leg was feeling a little bit better, good enough to walk around. We got a few things and a few samples and then went down the street to Chili's for lunch/dinner. Yum yum yum. When we got back in the car Blaise fell asleep immediately and Rae was being really good. It was a peaceful drive. I had to pee after a while (I can't go more than an hour in the car without having to pee - so annoying!) so we stopped at a cheesy souvenir shop. We ended up being there about 30 minutes - there was so much to see! We bought the kids some rock candy and I had some flashbacks of trips to Quartzite!

Anyway, we drove to Columbia, which is about halfway home and stopped at the mall so the kids could ride the carousel and get some wiggles out. They had a great time there. The rest of the drive home they watched a movie and amazingly stayed awake. We got home around 9:30pm and all went straight to bed. It was good to get away for a bit. But back to reality! Thursday Roy had a phone interview so he was in his office all day. I was still in a lot of pain, so I spent the day on the couch and the kids spent the day whining and trashing the house! Luckily I felt better on Friday. On Saturday we went out to the lake and enjoyed some fresh air and the beautiful weather. We spent the rest of the day catching up on chores, cleaning out the van (which included re-arranging the carseats to make room for Isaac) and enjoying the last of our time with daddy! It was a great week and we are so sad to have Roy back in full-swing and busy, busy, busy. But we've had a couple of warm days this week, so it's been okay. It's amazing what a difference some sunshine can make in my life!

In other news - we still don't know where we will be next year. Roy has an offer to stay here and that was the plan, but now a couple of schools have shown some interest in him, so we are waiting to see what happens with that. We'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I always hate going back to reality. Glad you had a good srping break and I hope Roy hears something soon, for your sake. Sounds like he is working really hard.