Roy has a campus interview in Saginaw, MI next week. He also teaches every day of the week, so it is really hard to arrange a time when he can be away. Oh yeah, let's throw in the fact that the nearest airport is 3 hours away. We have an airport here that has flights to St.Louis, but they only have two flights a day - one in the morning, one in the evening. And the airport in Saginaw is small too - just two airlines and not a whole lot of early morning or late evening flights (which is what Roy needed) So, anyway, we did a ton of searching and there was just no way Roy could fly without missing an extra day of classes, so he is going to drive! Oh, and even if he had found a flight, by the time he drove to the airport and flew to Saginaw (there are no non-stop flights) it would have been about 6-8 hours of travel anyway. The drive is about 11 hours.
So, how about we make it a little more interesting and have the whole family go?! Saginaw is about 30 miles away from where Roy grew up (Flint), so we thought this would be a nice chance to go see his hometown. (And also see what Saginaw is like in case he gets an offer there) We are leaving Wednesday afternoon at 2:30, right after Roy's last class. His interview starts at 9am on Thursday. We are hoping he'll be able to sleep while I do some of the driving....and of course hoping that the kids are angels! Then we have all day Friday and Saturday to explore and we'll drive home on Sunday. (We might make half the drive home Saturday afternoon) Should be an interesting adventure!
Poor Roy - he's got so much to do. He has to prepare for an interview, get subs for his classes, do all the regular class prep work and try to keep up on sleep so he isn't dead by the time the interview comes! He was up till 4 in the morning Friday night and last night (thankfully we don't have church till 1pm) I'm trying to feel sorry for him instead of myself :) I'm trying to keep his household duties to a minimum, which means not as many things are getting done around here! :) He's such an amazing guy - he never complains about anything. I bet a lot of us wish we could be more like our husbands when it comes to not whining so much!
Anyway, I'm excited, but it's been a while since our kids have been on that long of a drive, so we'll see how it goes! I'm packing the Benadryl! Wish us luck!
Oh, and I totally need to post about St.Patrick's Day - maybe I'll get around to that this evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It'll be good. I hope you are still feeling okay being in the car that long. I keep forgetting how pregnant you are!
Crazy Woman... hope you have fun! Haha! Poor Roy!
Post a Comment