Thursday, January 14, 2010

California day THREE - DISNEYLAND!

When we found out we were going to Disneyland, Roy immediately offered to stay at the hotel with Isaac. Roy didn't really care to go and knew Isaac would not enjoy being out and about all day. So a couple of weeks before we left we got Isaac used to taking a bottle occasionally and I left Roy with a cell phone and directions to call me if Isaac wouldn't eat or sleep. I know it was harder on me than it was on Isaac. That boy LOVES his daddy, so they had a great time together, and I was able to relax and have a great time with Rae and Blaise.



Posing for a picture before heading to the rides

In line for the Matterhorn


Hanging out in Toon Town

We waited in line for a long time to see Minnie Mouse, and as soon as we got up there Blaise FREAKED OUT and refused to go anywhere near her! He didn't even want to go into her house! The rest of the time at Disneyland he would look around and ask where Minnie was, afraid that she might be close by!
Minnie's bed
Minnie's kitchen

Minnie's wishing well


Blaise wasn't afraid to meet these characters!





End of the day

They fell asleep on the way home but we had to wake them up because they are too heavy to carry. But they were back asleep within minutes of getting to the hotel room.

We had a good time. It was way too crowded and I don't do well with crowds, especially when I'm worried about one of the kids wandering off. I would also prefer to do Disneyland without being in a big group (everyone in the previous post about Sunday dinner was there) I like to be in control and plan out day, but I wasn't able to do that in this situation. But it was fun to be with everyone. I forced the kids to go on Space Mountain (Blaise was just BARELY tall enough) and if I had to do it again I would let them do more of the kiddie rides instead of trying to get them to experience the "extreme" rides. The only ride Rae really cared about going on was Splash Mountain. The whole group got fast passes to go on it, but only a few of us actually went, so after we went on it once we grabbed the extra fast passes and Rae and I went on it again. (Blaise declined to go the second time) They still talk about it and I think it was their favorite ride. We left early, around 7pm and the rest of the group stayed till closing.

Thanks again Baerbel and Dale for taking us!

2 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

I haven't been to Disneyland is SO LONG. I went once when I was REALLY little. Once in college during the winter olympics with a roommate. And then once when I went to Julia's (Jeppsons) wedding with my mom & Scott. That place is AMAZING! I can't wait to go back!

Audra said...

I love my Disney World, but I would never go when it is crowded. I can barely stand the crowds in February. I am like you, I like to do my own thing and have control, so I am a big fan of small groups!