Wednesday, January 13, 2010

California day TWO

Monday morning we picked up my brother Aaron and headed to the beach! We went to Balboa Pier (where Roy proposed to me!). It was really nice to hang out with Aaron and get to catch up on his life. I just wish his wife Jamie could have been there, but she had to work. The kids loved the beach and Rae wanted to go swimming! The night before we were given a gift card to Ruby's and there is one at the end of the pier, so we went there for some ice cream - so yummy!

Rae loved the water.
Blaise preferred the sand.

Oops, we didn't move fast enough! I love the look on Rae's face!
This boy LOVES the sand!
Oh, I love the beach!




After the beach we dropped of my in-laws and headed to Covina to visit my grandparents.
They retired to a Masonic Home a couple of years ago, and before that they lived in Blythe, so we used to visit them every time we visited my parents. The kids enjoyed exploring their "retirement home" and my grandparents enjoyed showing us everything!

My grandpa always has a big jar of jelly beans sitting on his end table - the kids enjoyed that!

When Jamie got off of work we picked her up and took them out
to the Cheesecake Factory - yum!
Isaac was SO tired! When "strangers" hold him he just puts his head on your shoulder and kind of cuddles up to you!

6 comments:

Katie said...

Awww, love the pictures. It's so good to see Aaron, Jamie, Grandma, and Grandpa.

Colin used to cuddle people like that when he got really shy.

Christie said...

I wish we could see Grandma and Grandpa! well, and Aaron and Jaime, too, but I know we'll get to see them some time or other, but I'm afraid there just aren't any plans to go to CA anytime soon.
The beach pics make me anxious for South Padre Island next month!

lindsey said...

aww the beach... I miss it.
I am seeing a trend here... we took aaron and jamie to the cheesecake factory too ;) they must really like it. We will probably head out the california some time this summer, but thats not soon enough.

Audra said...

You can take me to the Cheesecake Factory anytime! ;)

Looks like fun! I love the beach pictures! Especially Blaise with his hands in his pockets. So cute!

Olivia Carter said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! I haven't been to the beach in YEARS! In fact I don't think Syd or Rob has even seen a beach. How sad is that?

Jamie said...

It was so fun to see you guys! I feel bad I couldn't see you guys a little longer but at least Aaron got to spend time with family before he went back to school! Thanks for the dinner! I think our family spoils us whenever we they come to visit! :)