Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I feel like a new woman

This morning I could hardly walk. At "Music Makers" I was struggling during marching time. I got home and just sat around letting the kids trash the house. I emailed Roy telling him how much pain I was in and how I HAD to go get shoes when he got home and he surprised me by coming home early. He's a terrific hubby. (He's getting Blaise to sleep right now - woot) Anyway, he came home and I did as little as possible to try to stay off my feet. But we had promised Rae we'd take her to the carousel at the Farmers Market (only open on wednesday evenings and saturday mornings) so eventually I had to leave the house. We ran a few errands and then I dropped Roy off with the kiddos at the Farmers Market and headed back to Big 5. It took me a while but I finally settled on two pair of shoes. One pair cost more than I wanted to spend and those will be my exercise shoes. The other pair were marked way down and will be my everyday shoes (to replace my unsupportive flip flops). I've been wearing the "everyday" pair all evening and I feel so much better already! It really made a huge difference. I'm going to have to start wearing them around the house (sorry downstair neighbors!). I'm so excited to be able to go walking again in a couple of days (Roy insists I take a few days off - he's so tired of my whining) :P But anyway, just wanted to share the good news. It's great to know that my feet apparently weren't seriously damaged - just wish I had gotten new shoes earlier!!

So my house is completely trashed (seriously, I was trying to clean up for the home teachers to come over tonight and Blaise took every single book off the shelf) but I have renewed energy and hope all from a pair of shoes. :)

4 comments:

Katie said...

Hoorah for new shoes!

Man, I cleaned out my fridge last night, and made a cheesecake for Enrichment tonight, and of course I didn't clean up before I went to bed, so if you wanna see TRASHED, visit my kitchen.

Pao said...

I'm glad that you got new confy shoes, my house is trash too,and I'll say more that a few books...I try to do stuff but I'm still weak. I'll give my self a few more days until I'm all good to get back on track.. So it's okay don't worry about not having everything perfect , especially when the home teachers are coming , we know that men aren't the most organize people in the world, unless if they served in the army, lol
enjoy your shoes!

Bob, Dad and Grandpa said...

Trashed? It is a house with me and Bryce without mom being home for three weeks. I love Big 5.

lindsey said...

hey seth has mega feet problems.. has to wear orthodics and and all that... but he loves sandals and he found that reef sandals are great.. they do as well as shoes with orthodics for working in our kitchen on the tile... they are more expensive but we found this place in utah that sells them for like 10 bucks and they last forever... anyway maybe we will have to pick up a pair for you when we get back to the mormon belt..