Speaking of the potty chair...we are back to potty training again. Bleh. It feels like it's been such a long process because back in March we started and Rae totally had the hang of it and then we went on vacation and she lost it. And I should have let it go but I kept trying....and then there was a month being away from home...then NC....and now we are home for good and trying again. We've had one really good day with no accidents, but the other 2 days haven't been so great. I can't give up this time though, because she's going to think that every time we start this process it just ends up that she's back in diapers. But it's hard to not go very many places so that we are able to have easy access to the bathroom. Actually, I think what makes it so hard is that I know I can't go anywhere, and now I want to! Anyone out there have any potty training tips? We are doing a potty chart and she gets fruit snacks when she goes. She's just wearing underwear all day (pull ups are just like diapers to her) and because of going back and forth between training and not training at all, peeing in her underwear isn't much of a big deal to her now. Sigh. I try to just take it easy and not ask constantly if she needs to use the potty and that seems to be working better. Before we go somewhere or start a movie or game I ask her to please go and try to go potty and she does it very willingly and that's when she's being going. Only once so far (this time around) has she really gone on her own, but that was to poop (a big step since she usually poops first thing in the morning before I'm fully awake) so that was good.
Oh my word, this post is a bunch of unnecessary information and randomness. I'm going to bed now. But first, a few pics from NC

My brother Levi, his wife Audra and their 4 kids
(the babies aren't twins, one was born to them in November of 06
and they adopted the other when she was born in Feb of 07)

My brother Bobby and his wife Sabina and their two boys (ages 3 and 5) Roy isn't as unhappy as he looks! :)
My sister Katie and her husband Chad and their two boys (ages almost 2 and 4 1/2) We stayed at their house (the one in the background) I like Chad and Roy's pose
I had to post this one too so you could see that the other was actually the better of the two.
5 comments:
there is a lot of beauty in your family, and I'm talking about the Girls, The Mommas, nice pictures!i'm glad that you have fun.
It's fun to see your family!
I think you have the right idea with the potty training. We also went straight to underwear - no pull-ups. One thing I found was that Colin got really sick of me asking him if he had to go, and I also forgot to remember to ask. So I would set a timer for every 45 minutes or so, and every time the timer went off he had to try to go. That way it was the timer telling him, and not me, and he started thinking about it more often - "Oh! Do I need to go?" Obviously I started setting it for longer and longer periods of time and didn't really do it for very long.
I love the pictures. I wish I had been there.
It's so great to see all the family and all their kids- I haven't seen any of them in forever!
Post a Comment