1. I love our van. It's great to have extra space when we go on long drives and it's nice to be able to drive friends around. But sometimes I wish we still had our little car for the little everyday errands. Why? Because I spent $70 on gas today! And the tank wasn't even all the way empty! Ahhh! And it stinks, because all of the cheaper, better shopping is 10-25 miles away.
Which brings me to my next issue:
2. My neighbor found an old bike and enjoys fixing them up, so he fixed it up and gave it to us. Since then I've been wanting to ride my bike around town to run errands (especially now that I've realized how much gas is costing us!). But I'm terrified. Seriously scared to even hit the streets. And Davis is like "bike city of America", super safe and convenient to ride your bike, but I just can't do it. Today Rae saw that someone rode their bike with their bike trailer to "music makers" and she was like "that would be a lot of fun to come in one of those". And I've wanted to borrow my neighbor's bike and bike trailer, but if I can't even handle me on the streets, no way I can handle me and the kids. Sigh.
3. My hair. I like short, trendy, easy-to-deal-with haircuts, but they aren't as flattering on me as long styles, and I don't keep them trimmed and looking nice. I love my hair long right now because I can do a lot of things with it and it looks good. But, it takes a lot of effort to have it look nice. And now that it's starting to get warmer I find myself putting it in a pony tail more often. So what's the point of long hair if it's just in a ponytail? Oh, and sheesh, it's been so windy lately that there's NOTHING I can do with it. Which brings me to my next issue:
4. The weather. I love that it's starting to warm up outside. We've even been playing in the pool a bit. But most of the days it's pretty windy, which I've mentioned before that I cannot stand. But it's the wind that keeps it from being too hot. And when the weather is great we spend most of the day outside and never get anything done inside. When it's yucky outside I tend to get more done. I guess pretty soon it will be TOO hot outside, so we'll be inside more often. I guess I should just slap on some chap stick, pull my hair back and endure the wind!
I started this post like a week ago. I wasn't sure if I was going to even bother finishing it because it's so random and pointless! But here it is...no comments necessary, just venting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Its good to hear from you! I know how you feel about the hair thing. I have had it long, medium, short, with bangs and without, light layers and lots of layers, curly and wavy. I found a hairstylist I really like so I always have her try something just a little different. Sad thing is I usually can never fix it as cute as she does. I keep having her cut it a little shorter everytime I go.
Once I took my kids out on my bike with my bike trailer and the chain fell off my bike and I was in the back of my neighborhood (which was HUGE) in Richmond. I had to have someone (luckily soemone was out) help me put it back on and the only was I knew how to get home from where I was, was to go down the main road... which I did... and it was a small 2 lane, not bike friendly road. I was scared to death...
but honestly, if you are in a bike safe area, it might be worth a try. I would try it solo a few times first!
(As an update, Ashley took the kids in a bike trailer to Music Makers the other day.)
I totally hear you on the wind, Ashley. Bridger Valley has got to be the wind capital of the world. And I hear you on ponytails as well. I'm growing my hair out and once it's in a ponytail, that's all it'll do. When I saw Autumn's short do yesterday I was very tempted.
Post a Comment