We had a fantastic time at Disney on Ice in St Louis. I enjoyed it as much, if not more, than the kids did. I love ice skating on its own, and when you add the talent of Disney it is even better! Disney just does such a good job. I was imaging the characters out there on the ice doing their thing, but I didn't even except so many special effects and little extras. The actors were so good at staying in character and they all looked liked they were having a great time. Those kinds of things are important to me.
We were sitting in Row Q. When I got the tickets I thought "aw man, Row Q is gonna be so high up", but I always forget that Q isn't one of the last letters of the alphabet! We could see everything perfectly. I think that sitting on the ice and being able to reach out and touch the characters would have been fun, but it would have been hard to see everything that was going on. There was just so much going on at all times. At one point Rae said "my brain is confused, it doesn't know what to watch". So I liked being high up and being able to see it all from above.
This show was called "Let's Celebrate" so they did a bunch of holidays and vacation themes. They did birthdays (Alice in Wonderland's "un-birthday") Halloween (with a bunch of villains from different movies - Blaise was a little scared during this one) I can't remember everything. Valentine's Day was my favorite because Minnie talked about finding her prince charming, so they had all the different princesses come out and do a dance with their prince. I think it was Rae's favorite too. This is the finale of that scene.
After the "un-birthday" party Mickey was cleaning up and it turned into the scene from Fantasia with all of the brooms. That part was pretty cool too.
I wish I had a video of the very end. They did Christmas and all of the characters came out and it snowed - it was really cool. Another part that was cool was when they were in Hawaii and a guy made a ring of fire around himself. So many cool special effects.
Anyway, it was really great and if it is ever in your area I recommend seeing it. We got 4 tickets for $44, plus all the stupid fees and stuff. It was probably a little more than twice as expensive as taking your kids to a movie in the theater, but more than twice as cool!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ashley - I didn't realize it was so affordable! I will have to watch for tickets. I wonder how receptive my boys would be. It sounds wonderful!
Disney does everything right!!! That looks like so much fun!
looks like fun! do you think Lily is too young for it? she is obsessed with Disney... it is actually coming to phoenix next weekend
I think Lily would love it! If you use the coupon code MOM you can get 4 tickets for $44 (but you have to get at least 4) But maybe you could go with someone. And since Lily is only 2 she might not even require a ticket - depends on the venue. So you might be able to get just a seat for yourself for really cheap. But yeah, I think she is old enough for it.
Arizona likes to rip people off.. 2 tickets at the cheapest rate is 41 bucks and none of the promo codes i found are working.
Looks like fun! I always wanted to go when I was little.
Post a Comment