Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Diet Dr.Pepper cake

Yesterday my sister Christie sent me this link on facebook. It's for a tasty sounding cake made with dr.pepper (my major weakness) Well, I didn't have any of those ingredients and I'm trying to eat better and that cake looks pretty naughty. So I started looking around for a different cake made with dr.pepper. I'm sure you've all heard of the soda-cake. You take a cake mix and add a can of diet soda. That's it. No eggs, no oil. It's lower fat than a regular cake. I made one today. Man, oh man, it is delicious! No frosting needed! Next time I want to try it with cherry dr pepper. Oooh, or maybe a vanilla cake with diet cherry 7-up? Diet Rite makes some tasty flavors too. Mmmmm, the possibilties.



Oh, and notice that it is caffeine free - I'm turning over a new leaf and cutting out caffeine. I may have some on long trips, but I know it is not good for me and I can't keep having in on a daily basis.

Oh, and those are some lovely purple tulips that Roy brought home for me on Saturday. They make me so happy. :)

4 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Oooo that cake looks fab & I love those tulips!

Cheney Family said...

YUM!!

Linda, Mom and Granny said...

I got pink tulips for Valentine's; I love tulpis. I have 50 tulips in my garden, and some of them are coming up!!!


I think I will try the cake! Yummy!

Katie said...

I had never heard of that cake - I will have to try it out!

Glad you got some purple tulips.