Sunday, October 21, 2007

The dreaded "pink eye"

Late yesterday afternoon I began to suspect that the kids had pink eye (one word or two?). They woke up Friday morning with colds and lots of discharge from their eyes. Saturday it became apparent that their eyes were actually getting pinkish. This morning it's for certain that Blaise has it but I'm still not completley sure about Rae. She has had soooo much green discharge from her eyes but they aren't nearly as pink as Blaise's. I just spoke with a doctor and they are going to call in a prescription for both kids. Blaise is pretty cranky but doesn't seem like he's in that much pain and Rae hasn't complained of any eye pain. But I'm going to go ahead and do the drops today and the doctor said if they aren't showing any improvement by tomorrow then it may not be pin keye and I need to take them in to see their doctor. Now I have to start making the call that no one ever likes to make... "hey, sorry, your kid was exposed to pink eye".

Rae is very sad that we are missing church today. Especially since Roy had to go and prepare the sacrament and Rae is like "can I go to church". Poor gal. Roy is going to come home after sacrament meeting so we can go get the prescription (well, and mainly because I don't want to be alone with the kids for 3 hours while he's at church) I'm feeling pretty sick too. No pink eye (yet) but I had a bad headache and a cough that hurts my chest. :( I just want to cuddle up in bed and watch all of the conference talks that I missed. But Roy has to finish grading midterms by tomorrow (he has to go today and trade stacks with another TA) so I think we will have a pretty boring, tiring, patience-trying day. Sorry if you are reading this and were exposed to Rae on Friday or Saturday! :(

2 comments:

Pao said...

I'm so sorry that you guys are sick, let me know if you need any help , call me if the kids don't have that pink eye thing and may be I can watch them while you rest, I feel bad that I been calling you and not noticing that you may be sick still, I hope you can feel better soon

Olivia Carter said...

Oh no! Pink eye! Poor family! Good luck with that- let me know if I can do anything from across the country!