Saturday, October 20, 2007

SO SICK OF BEING SICK!

Well, no, not ME being sick...the kids. I did have a cold for a couple of days, but nothing too bad. (I'm exhausted enough every night that nothing can keep me from being able to sleep peacefully - except Blaise)

But this has just been a month of illness! First in September the kids had bad colds. Then we got a break for a couple of weeks and then we had the nice barf, fever, diarrhea fest. Then Roy got it. And then I got a cold and now the kids have it. But it's not the nice kind of illness where they just want to lie around all day - they are just sick enough to sleep badly and then whine all day. AND, since they are sick I can't just send them over to a friend's house so I can have a break. Ah! It's times like this that I wish we lived a little closer to a grandma! :(

The good news - I've managed to keep the house pretty darn clean. Last night I went to bed at 7:30 with the house completely trashed. But when I woke up this morning I was able to get it cleaned up really fast. Now I just need to do dishes and laundry - and since we'll all be stuck inside today that should be pretty easy to do. Oh, and another bad thing...when the kids are sick we don't really have anywhere to play because other moms don't really appreciate you bringing your sick kid to the playground. Having our own backyard will be nice.

Oh, today is the anniversary of Roy and me meeting in person. Six years ago today he made that first trek to Blythe to come and meet me, and we began to fall in love. I had planned to do something special for him since a friend said she would babysit for us - but now since they are sick I guess he'll just spend the day grading quizzes. Fun. I've got some cute pictures to post, but I'll have to do that later when I can use the other computer. Maybe I'll have something more upbeat to say too :)

3 comments:

Christie said...

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. I will say, however, that I get so envious hearing about the things you're missing while they are sick. Pyote is just too darn isolated!

Katie said...

And just think- this is just the beginning of the sick season. AHHHHH!

Andrea said...

Do you need anything Ashley? I'm right here if you do!