Warning: The following post will contain graphic details :>)
The kiddos are sick. Wednesday night we realized Blaise had a fever. We gave him some Tylenol and he slept okay. Thursday he was pretty cranky all day and had a bit of diarrhea. Green bean, up the back stuff. Really really gross. Thursday night he had a little more trouble sleeping, but still okay. Rae struggled all day with his neediness and unwillingness to play with her. This morning he woke up even grumpier and would really only be happy if I was nursing him. Rae woke up and immediately pooped in her diaper - really runny, really disgusting poop all the way up to her belly button. She also seemed a little sick. By the afternoon we realized she also had a low-grade fever and a couple of times said she had to throw up. But around 3 in the afternoon both of the kids seemed pretty happy and un-sick, so I took them to Walmart (needed to get some Lanolin
because Blaise's constant desire to nurse made things raw) In Walmart Rae complained that she needed to throw up, so we made a mad dash to the bathroom. Of course, she didn't throw up. She again said she needed to throw up, so again we dashed. No barf this time either. I was tempted to go get a bowl from the kitchen section and carry it around, but I thought I better just hurry up and get done. Turns out that I should have bought a bowl - or at least given Rae a plastic bag for the ride home, because she puked just shortly after starting our drive home. She had a ton of mandarin oranges for lunch...really, really gross. She looked so sad to have that puke all over her. I decided that pulling over to clean her up wouldn't help much because I didn't really have anything to use...so I just sped home and called Roy to meet me in the parking lot to get Blaise and groceries. Poor, poor Rae. But she seemed like she felt much better. She took a nice bath and got all ready for bed and then asked for a tortilla for dinner....which she barfed up just minutes after finishing. (this time we had a bowl ready) At that point I said no more food and took her to bed - she fell asleep by 6:15. I hope she feels better in the morning. Blaise seems to be a lot better - almost normal temp and no more diarrhea. Sick kids are only nice when their sickness makes them sleep a lot. Other than that they are gross and whiny. Luckily Roy and I are healthy! (Knock on wood!!)
I'm off to go sit in my friend's house while her kids sleep. They are gonna do the same for us next week - Roy and I are already discussing what we are gonna do with our free time!) I'm taking along a movie tonight and might even take a nap :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh my heck! Syd just threw up Thursday night & had mandarin oranges too! Wow- twilight zone!
Post a Comment