This post is mainly for my siblings, who will understand.
Know what I ate for dinner? A hot dog and cheese burrito. :) Roy was making quesadillas for dinner and I was making hot dogs for the kids, and first I thought of making a classic Jeppson pizza with a tortilla, ketchup (seasoned with Italian seasoning) cheese and cut up hot dog. But then I remembered my absolute favorite ghetto meal. You take a hot dog, heat it up. Then you put cheese on a tortilla and heat that up. Then you slap it together and roll it up. Totally unhealthy, but oh so good. Roy threatened to leave, but it's worth it even then. :)
Maybe tomorrow morning I'll make spaghetti eggs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
19 comments:
Yumm-O. So bad but so good.
We had spaghetti eggs Sunday morning. I almost did a hot dog burrito yesterday. What a legacy!
Weve only that 3 cantaloupe this summer but Bruce is bringing home lots of other types of mellons.
what the heck is spaghetti eggs?
:(
What a waste of perfectly good leftover spaghetti.
Pecos cantaloupes are hard to find this year. The oil field is booming, so all the empty houses that had been used for the migrant workers are now being used for oil people. The housing market is very tight out here.
Chad, do you seriously like hot dog burritos? You are usually first to make fun of Jeppsons. :)
Meredith, spaghetti eggs:
leftover spaghetti, crack some eggs into it, mix it together and then fry it like scrambled eggs. I don't know how it started, but they are tasty and are another thing that Roy threatens to leave me if I make
mmm...we have all the stuff for a hot dog....
and, who's BRUCE?....
For Meredith and others (mostly people who is NOT a member of Bob Jeppson family.
Leftover Spaghetti
Eggs
Mix them together, add salt or/and seasoning salt and pepper and cook it in a frying pan with cooking spray and scramble it! Ta-da!!
Bob made it on our Honeymoon, well, maybe not, but in the Honeymoom time.
It's pretty good.
Oops, that was me Ashley.
I make spaghetti eggs all the time, as you can probably tell from James' comment. I make extra spaghetti just for that purpose. And, just for the record, this is spaghetti with sauce and meat all mixed in.
We have hot dogs in the freezer and now they are calling me to go in a burrito.
I don't know if the younger kids remember the chili hotdog frozen burritos they used to sell? I still miss those!
Oh, and the mutilated torillas that Elizabeth was using as a blanket? I ripped them up further and fried them up and covered them in cinnamon sugar! We used to do that a lot, also canned fridge biscuits.
Yum, refrigerated canned biscuits fried and covered in powdered sugar.
Thank for the clarification Katie, I was shocked that Chad would say something like that.
SPAGHETTI EGGS!! Oh, how I miss thee. I've made them a couple times, but they're just not the same when not cooked by a Jeppson.
seth and i have made the biscuit donuts a few times. mainly because there isn't a SINGLE donut shop in rexburg... a college town without donuts... how sad.
I have also made the biscuit doughnut thing and Chad was not impressed with it! What a weirdo! He also doesn't appreciate a nice frozen burrito.
Oh and Christie, I do remember those chili hotdog burrito things.
Hey, biscuit donuts are a perfectly legitimate food, and a quality frozen burrito can also be quite good. I know the pains of Jeppson cuisine, Chad, but don't be a reactionary!
I had Aaron make me spaghetti eggs last night because we keep saying I need to try it and never do. I though it was great!
By the way, in the Wright family we do things the right way (har) and our spaghetti is meatless. I think that spaghetti eggs are much better with meatless leftovers.
I've never had so many comments -wow, I'm feeling so important and loved!
Rock on with your comments Ashley.
I told Scott about the hot dog burrito last night while we were making dinner, and he said that it sounded great! He wants me to make it for dinner tonight! We have Trinity with us and I am sure she will love them!
Danielle, let me know if you guys like them! I went to make one Tuesday night (after I weighed in at Weight Watchers -figured I have a whole week to burn it off) and Roy had finished off the tortillas! I almost cried. :(
Post a Comment