This morning when I came in from sleeping outside I realized our house really stunk! Every week or so I walk into the house from running an errand or something, and realize it stinks. Usually it's just the trash can or something, but this morning it seemed like everything was so behind on being cleaned! Roy took out the trash and that helped the smell and I've spent the rest of the morning catching up on everything else. Sometimes it nice to get a little behind because it feels so good to get caught up! Roy took the van to school this morning, so I'm forced to stay home and deal with the chores here. The kids are being reasonable and actually playing nicely together, so it's been a nice morning so far!
Violette is adjusting nicely to our family. I let Rae hold her yesterday during Blaise's nap and they did just fine together. She doesn't jump every single time we walk past and she's getting used to the loud kids. Whenever we get her out to pet her we offer her some sort of fresh fruit or veggie. She usually won't take it directly from us, so we put it in her cage when we put her back in, so now she associates being held with getting yummy food. She did eat hay from Roy's hands this morning. We went to the pet store in town to see what sort of supplies they have (NONE!) and they had some full grown guinea pigs - yikes, I didn't realize how big they got! She might need a bigger cage eventually. Actually, we'd like to have two guinea pigs someday, but probably not till we get settled somewhere permanently.
A close up of Violette

We had a birthday cake for Violette (hey, any excuse to eat cake, right?) Yum, candy corn! The best part of Halloween! (and those peanut butter "mary janes")

5 comments:
i watched the first minute or so of fringe last night trying to find house.. it looked very odd... but i refuse to start a new series... we already have a couple and i watch way too much tv as it is. Violette looks like fun and rae looks happy. good luck
That's the great thing about no cable! I used to waste so much time watching reruns and food network. Now I watch specifically what I want, so I actually have time for a new series. We just watch Heroes, Fringe, The Office, and maybe when the new season starts we'll watch The Simpsons. That's about all we can watch!
We found a pet "playpen" for $10 at Walmart when we had our hamster and it was wonderful because the hamster could run around but not hide under furniture and such. It was just a wire fence that was in a circle shape and worked really well. Have fun!
We just saw the first episode of Fringe but I'm totally diggin' it! I think it can kind of replace the X-Files void (I LOVED THAT SHOW) & I'm interested to see how it goes.
Man! I am so behind on reading your blog! Congrats on Violet. She is cute and that is cool she is adjusting! We have guinea pigs growing up that we were really attached to names Bo and Luke (like the Dukes of Hazard, how 80s and redneck can you get?). Anyway, I think Luke ended up being a girl and made lots of guinea babies. So be careful... hehe!
Post a Comment