Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Nummers

Whoever first paired grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup was a genius! The way those flavors compliment each other - yum! The sandwiches I made today were especially yummy because they were made with thinly sliced french bread from Walmart (go to your walmart and see if they have sliced french bread, it is so yummy - cooks up crispy on the edges and chewy in the middle!) and I used real butter. So good! It's the only thing that American Cheese is useful for! Someday I'd like to try out a recipe for tomato soup that I saw recently, but for now the canned stuff is fine by me. (doesn't even have to be Campbell's to please me!)

With the rest of the french bread I made garlic bread for our pasta last night. Again, real butter, some garlic powder and dried thyme and oregano. Spread em' out on a cookie sheet and bake them at 350 for a few minutes and then put it on broil for just a minute. Yum yum yum. I am so into buttery things right now! :)

Didn't watch Heroes last night...I was asleep by the time it even came on. I've been going to bed pretty early lately because Blaise hasn't been sleeping very well. And I get up every morning and go to the gym at 6:30, so I need a good night's sleep. I need at least 8 hours of sleep at night and if the kids wake up and I don't get uninterrupted sleep, then I need to be in bed for at least 9 hours to feel like I got enough rest. There will be times in my life where I have a lot to do and only get 6 hours of sleep a night and I'll do just fine for a while but then I get a full night's sleep and realize I could be doing much better! So when things aren't hectic in life I get as much sleep as I can, even though there are always things I could be working on. Sleep is pretty much the last thing I give up.

Anyway, I know I said I'd post pictures, and I still plan to. :) Maybe later today, or after I finally get to watch Heroes tonight!

3 comments:

Christie said...

For the longest time I loved the IDEA of tomato soup, but after a few bites I just couldn't eat it. Thankfully, that has changed and now I can DRINK the stuff! James doesn't like orange cheese, so we used to do swiss grilled cheese sandwiches. Lately it has been monterey jack. And usually on whole wheat bread. But nothing quite beats American cheese on white bread! Tomato soup with grilled cheese is one of my favorite Sunday-right-after-church meals. Bobby used to say he wanted a "BOYed" cheese sandwich when we were little.

Katie said...

I made my kids grilled cheese sandwiches with american cheese for the first time (usually use cheddar or colby jack) not long ago and they hated it. What is wrong with them? Otherwise grilled cheese and tomato soup is a big favorite around here. I taught Colin to dip his crust in the soup and that is the only time he will eat it.

Horray for you for going to the gym in the mornings!

James said...

And I'm reading this right before lunch having skipped breakfast and I can't mooch out of Security today because of some silly reason....

I really want to like cheese. I just haven't gotten myself up to orange or yellow cheeses yet (the cheddar on the Sonic Island Fire burger doesn't count, it blends in so well I don't notice). I'm still working on white cheeses other than Parmesan and Swiss. Swiss was a big step up for me back when I was 11 or so.

Maybe I can sneak out early for lunch. I did some major overtime Monday/Tuesday and since they don't like to pay it out here...