Friday, September 12, 2008

McDonalds and Redbox

On Tuesdays our McDonalds has Happy Meals for $1.50. With every Happy Meal you buy you get a code for a free movie from Redbox. Woot woot! We've done Tuesdays at McDonald's twice now and last time there was this old guy there that was getting Happy Meals and he gave us his toys and codes. (Nothing like a playroom full of junky toys!)

I love Redbox. We have 4 of them here in Kirksville, so you can almost always find the movie you want. And I hardly ever have to pay for them! I also get a text every Monday with a free code. If you haven't tried it yet, give it a shot! They also have some good kid movies. The only problem is having to return them the next day, which isn't convenient if you don't plan on being out. But ours are so close that it's worth it. Our other movie-renting option is a place called "Movie Gallery" which is like Blockbuster but cheaper. You can rent new releases there for 2 bucks for a one night rental (it's like 4 bucks for a week rental) and they have a big selection of kid movies that are only a buck for a week rental! I like the options like Netflix and Blockbuster, and have used both, but I always felt like I HAD to watch movies to make it worth my money. Now, when we have a holiday break we can watch a bunch of movies and when we are busy we can just watch one or two.

I watched Baby Mama the other day. Good stuff if you have nothing better to do!

9 comments:

Katie said...

We love Redbox too. Our closest gas station also just started renting out movies.

We just watched Baby Mama last night and enjoyed it. Darn that charming Greg Kinnear.

Christie said...

Wonder when they'll put a Redbox in Pyote...oh, never, especially since Cheyanne's shut down. My thoughts on the through the mail ones are exactly the same as yours, so we haven't done it. We seriously have not rented a movie (unless you count the Amazon Unbox beta thing) since moving out here over 3 years ago.
I wanted to see Baby Mama.

Ashley said...

That makes me sad Christie! We love renting movies. We haven't been to the movie theater together in a long time - can't even remember the last time! We either go separately or wait till it comes out on video. We prefer watching them on our own schedule and on our couch :)

Katie - I also watched "What Happens in Vegas" not quite as good as Baby Mama, but when you are avoiding doing more important things then it's a good movie :)

Christie said...

Well, we do make it to the drive-in from time to time. I haven't seen a movie in a regular theatre since I was pregnant with Elizabeth.

lindsey said...

thats funny i just got home from our grocery store and saw baby mama advertised. I thought about getting it but then i realized it was probably already rented out and i had lily and groceries... not worth the try for a movie seth will just mock. anyway breakroom is a code that always works for redbox... i've been using it for like 4 months

Katie said...

Chad liked Baby Mama - but he is already a Tina Fey fan from 30 Rock, so that is probably why.

Ashley - my favorite line was about spraying Pam....maybe just so funny to me because I had a baby so recently.

Jamie said...

Aaron and I always use those free codes for Monday night. Last month they also sent us a code every wednesday so we got two movies every week.

Ashley said...

Yeah, I liked that line too Katie! Roy said he's not going to help with the "stretching" next time around. :) TMI?

James said...

Christie forgot that we got to see Harry Potter together in the theater when Amelia was still in the NICU. Of course, much of that time is a big blur; it's hard to remember what happened when if at all.