Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

When I think of my dad, the first thing that comes to my mind is his cooking style. Some may describe it as...well, ghetto, maybe? :) He can throw anything together and make it a meal. (Like spaghetti eggs) But the second thing that comes to mind is how hard he works. On Saturdays he is always in and out of the house working on projects. He always has a little folded index card in his front pocket with a list of things to do. I guess because he works so hard, the moment he sits on the couch to relax he'll be snoring within 5 minutes. If you try to take the remote from him he'll wake up and say "hey, I'm watching that".

I've never heard my dad complain about all of his responsibilities. He's had to take on a lot of extra jobs to provide for his big family and he's always super involved with church responsibilities. He just retired though, so maybe he'll get a chance to relax now! (you know, after he moves across the country,unpacks and makes improvements on his new house) Anyway, I'm so thankful for the things my daddy has taught me, the example he's always been to me, and what a terrific grandfather he is now! I love you dad!

And the other father in my life - my dear hubby! Roy has come a long way since he first became a father. He's so much more comfortable taking care of Isaac than he was with Rae. He lets me leave the house as much as I want to and changes diapers like a pro! And his relationship with the kids is so great. I love you Roy, Happy Father's Day!

BTW, Roy got his main present a few weeks ago because he saw it when it got delivered. He got this clock for his office. Today we are giving him a bigger tool box, because our tools are all over the place. But that is such a cliche present and it is really for both of us, so it doesn't really count. I also bought him some spicy surimi sushi rolls and I guess that counts as making a meal for him.

Happy Father's Day to all of the fathers out there!

1 comment:

Bob, Dad and Grandpa said...

Thanks Ashley. I love you too.