Sunday, June 14, 2009

I sure do love purple

You know how my favorite color is purple? Well, I thought Isaac would look pretty with some purple paint all over his face.




Okay, not really. I'm using gentian violet to treat us for thrush. Trust me, my purple body part looks a lot sillier. I decided to go with gentian violet because it's available without a prescription and it seems to be one of the most effective treatments. Plus, it's cheap. A prescription for Isaac would be 20 bucks! Anyway, we started treatment last night, so I'll let you know how it goes.

In other news, yesterday was our anniversary! Seven years of marriage. Woot! We celebrated by leaving Rae and Blaise with a babysitter and took Isaac out with us. We went to the drug store for gentian violet, Walmart, Ruby Tuesday for lunch and then Aldi on the way home. Very exciting. Roy's mom sent us some beautiful flowers - I think they are my favorite non-tulip bouquet that I've ever received. They smell great too.


Now I'm going to go and get a nap in before church. The only good thing about 1pm church is that I have time for a nap. :)

7 comments:

lindsey said...

wow he really looks like a boy. some babies you can't tell, but he is all boy even with purple smeared across his face. congrats on the anniversary:)

Katie said...

What adorable pictures!!! He doesn't even look like a newborn. So so cute.

I have never heard of this stuff! I've only had to deal with thrush once, thankfully. Has it been working?

Raina said...

Happy Anniversary! It's so sweet how Babri & dad always remember our anniversaries.

Ashley said...

Katie - how can you consider yourself crunchy?? The hippiest of my hippy neighbors came to the playground one day with a purple-lip kid and a purple stained shirt, so that's when I first heard of it. What did you use when you dealt with thrush? Isaac doesn't have any symptoms of it, but I have it in my nipples and in one of my breasts (it infected the milk duct) The gentian violet seems to have cleared up the surface yeast but so far not the rest. I think I'm going to have to take some oral medicine.

Christie said...

Really, Katie, I'm surprised you haven't heard of it. Not like I'm judging you or anything, just think it's funny. I've never had thrush, thankfully, but I know all about purple lips (etc).

Hope it's getting better, Ashley!

Katie said...

Gabe had thrush once and the Dr. gave me Nystatin cream for us. It wasn't too bad of a case. I am so so ashamed that I could have used something crunchier and I didn't :o) Of course I can't rely on Dr's around here to tell me about it either.

Diana said...

When Brent had thrush, I used nystatin until he had an allergic reaction to it. So I went to DI for a throw away shirt or two for both of us and bought gentian violet. It was a fun adventure, thanks for the trip down memory lane.