Friday, June 19, 2009

Things this week

Haven't felt like blogging lately. Can't seem to organized all the jumbled thoughts in my head. Ashley + not-enough-sleep = MUSH FOR BRAINS! Seriously, I can't remember anything these days and I can hardly complete a thought or sentence without getting jumbled. I forgot about Enrichment the other night, which made me very sad when I realized it a few days later. I forget things at the grocery store. We've made about 40 trips to Walmart in the past few weeks. It's ridiculous.

There are about 4 tents set up around town to start selling fireworks in a couple of days. I'm excited to see what sort of stuff we can get in the midwest! I'm particularly interested because Kirksville is a pretty small town and most of the students from both universities are gone for the summer, so why in the world are there 4+ places to buy fireworks?! And, we actually have some extra money this summer, so I think we are going to go a little crazy. :)

I've given up dairy because it makes Isaac sick. I think about ice cream at least 3 times a day. I want a Snickers bar every time I'm in the checkout line at Walmart (which is quite often lately) :) But Isaac is getting nice and plump, so it's worth it. And I think we are just about over our thrush problem. I've wanted so badly to give up nursing. I've spent so many nights crying in pain and exhaustion, just wanting to give it all up. But it has been a good test of my patience, commitment and my trust in Heavenly Father. There's definitely nothing wrong with bottle-feeding, but I think there were lessons I needed to learn and I had to learn them with breastfeeding. Hopefully things will get a bit easier as time goes.

Okay, my mind has officially shut down and I need to go to bed now! I'll write more and post some pictures the next time my mind is working :)

3 comments:

Katie said...

Ash - I was thinking the other day about how hard breastfeeding has been for you. I am so sorry :o( I'm not sure if I could've kept it up in your shoes.

Ashley said...

It's just the physical pain that really gets to me. I can handle being a human pacifier and giving up dairy, but between mastitis and thrush I've been so uncomfortable since he was born!

Katie said...

Very understandable.