...you take your kids to the doctor because you think something is wrong with them, and when you get there they stop crying and start acting all playful and happy? Well, that almost happened today. Blaise's fever started yesterday afternoon and continued all night and was a little higher in the morning. So I called the office and spoke with the advice nurse and she said I should bring him in. So she checked the schedule and said "can you be here in 5 minutes". Ahh! I grabbed the kids (luckily Roy was home to help me out, but he couldn't come along or stay home with Rae because he had a phone interview) and we dashed out the door. Blaise had just woken up from a nap, so he was rested and feeling a little bit better, and I was just like "ah, crap...we are going to get there and they are going to say there's nothing wrong with him". Well, that's what they said. He did still have a fever, so at least I'm not completely retarded. But nothing else is wrong with him. He just has a fever and incredible moodiness. But he's asleep now. And so is Rae. Delightful! (yes, it really is 6:45 and they are both asleep!) I'm sure Blaise will be up a lot tonight and Rae will probably wake up at like 5am, but oh well...I have some time to myself!
Roy's phone interview with University of Nebraska went okay. He feels like he gave good answers. It's just hard to tell on the phone I guess. I'll let you know if he hears anything more from them.
Not much else is going on around here. The weather has been beautiful and hopefully we'll be able to enjoy it more tomorrow. We are still trying to decide what we are going to do for Thanksgiving - either go out somewhere or try to make some sort of homemade meal. I'm looking forward to Roy having a little bit of a break and enjoying some beautiful fall weather. Maybe we can jump in some leaves or something. I remember enjoying last Thanksgiving so much and I'm hoping it will be as great this year. I guess that's all I have to blog about for now.
Last Thanksgiving - check out that belly!
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I rushed Nolan to the hospital because he was wheezing terrible and sounded like he could hardly breath. The nurse told me to bring him to the ER and even bring a cell phone with me in case he got critical. I suppose the night air on the way there opened him up a little and we get there and he seems fine! He would then make himself sound bad on purpose! He had the croup... nothing they could do... night air just makes them better! Ugh!
I really hate that. What I hate even more is when they just have a fever and you keep waiting for more symptoms to pop up, and then they never do and the fever goes away and you NEVER know what was wrong with them. Gabe did that a couple of times last summer. I really hate the mystery of it.
I have always loved those Thanksgiving pictures - especially the one of you eight months pregnant in a tree!
That's why we just don't take Elizabeth! There's never anything they can do for most childhood stuff. For example, Elizabeth is really prone to viral rashes (seems she gets one about every 6 months) and it can look awful but there's nothing to be done.
Post a Comment