Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween

On Tuesday we went to the party here in the apartment complex. Rae wore her cowgirl costume because it was pretty warm outside. I don't have any pictures from that day. I dressed up like a pirate. I just put on some black capris, a black and white striped shirt, a red tie around my waist and a red scarf. Oh, and I had an eye patch, but I just kept it on my forehead the whole time. The party was fun, but we stuck around the whole time waiting for the university's pep band to show up and they never did. That was a bummer.

Halloween morning we dressed up and went to Music Makers - which is always a ton of fun. And we went straight from there to Nut Tree Family Park because they were letting anyone wear a costume ride for free. (It's always free to get in). We stayed there for like 2 1/2 hours. Rae's friend Natalie showed up too and they had a blast together. Usually we go there and Rae gets to pick one or two rides to go on, but this time we rode each of the rides (well, the 3 that she is big enough for and that she likes) at least 2 times.





I forgot Blaise's costume, but I had an extra scarf from my pirate costume, so I just tied it around his neck and it went well with his white shirt and blue jeans. While Rae was on a ride he got a turn with her hat. :) What a cutie!



I couldn't seem to get their attention. Rae cried on this ride. It looks mild, but it jerks you around each corner. She tried it a long time ago and cried that time too, but this time she wanted to try it again because Natalie was going on it.





The "Rescue Squad" ride. It's a great ride because each rescue vehicle has room for 4 kids and each kid gets a steering wheel and a button that makes noise.

After we got back we rested for a while and then I took Rae trick-or-treating around the complex while Roy stayed home with Blaise and handed out candy. Rae got a ton of candy (I took care of all of the good stuff last night). Then we bag up some of it and gave it to the guys who have been cutting down all the trees near our apartment (they are always really friendly to Rae). Now we just have some of the nasty stuff that doesn't tempt me too much - like suckers with a hand as the stick, and eyeball bubblegum and gummy brains. I do have some M&Ms left, and Blaise has discovered that he loves them. He yells at me when I won't give him anymore. And Rae talks about candy all day long and is constantly asking to "just hold some". Hopefully she'll lose some interest soon.

Anyway, we had a lot of fun but we are ready to move on to Thanksgiving! Bring on the turkey! Oh, wait, does anyone want to come visit and cook us a turkey? Looks like we'll be having Dennys or pizza or something. Hope everyone had a fun Halloween!

2 comments:

Christie said...

"just hold some" I love it!
Oh, and turkeys aren't hard at all. Just get a roasting bag and a foil pan if you don't have a regular one.

Katie said...

I just realized I never commented on this and I can't believe it. Such cute pictures and stories. I love the "just hold it" thing too.