Saturday, November 17, 2007

Some things I love about Rae

I feel like I've been writing about Blaise lot, so here's a post dedicated to Rae (with an update of Blaise at the end)

Here are some things about Rae that make me smile:

--When she takes her shoes and socks off (like at the playground) she always puts her socks in her shoes. I only had to tell her to do that like once and she started. That's my girl! I don't know why this is so delightful to me :)

--She likes to tell me that she'll take care of Blaise for me. Today I showered while they were both just hanging out watching cartoons (this is the first time I've tried and it worked okay!) and she let me know that she would watch him. (she's even mentioned before that she'd nurse him if I needed her to!)

--She wants to follow the rules. I like that she actually looks torn between following her friends and doing what is right. A lot of kids don't even hesitate. Hopefully as she gets older she'll really recognize the consequences of following your friends instead of your parents. I hope she becomes more of a leader.

--She has a very cute wave. I can't explain it, but it's adorable.

--She likes to read in bed after I turn off the lights.

--She sings along with songs even if she doesn't know the words. I do that too :)

Okay, I think that's enough now. She just lights up my world and makes my days more pleasant (and stressful, but I'll try to block that part out of my mind right now).

Blaise was quite a bit happier today. Still not completely normal, but really getting there. He went to sleep without any fight. (which is amazing, because Roy isn't at home tonight and I thought it was going to be impossible!)

I got to wear an orange vest and a hardhat and work on the highway today. We would drive along the shoulder and look for young trees that had been run over by highway workers and we would drive stakes into the ground and tie neon ribbon to the stake so that they don't get run over anymore. There were too many of us out there, so there was a lot of standing around and talking, so it was fun and felt good to help out a bit. Next month I'll be doing it again, and hopefully I'll actually get to plant some trees! (This time they needed people who had a car to go on the highway but next time it is just planting)

Anyway, all in all a good day and I am ready for bed!

3 comments:

Linda, Mom and Granny said...

Reading this made me smile! Yes, she is delightful!

Audra said...

Rae is a cutie! I have had a lot of smiley moments with my girls lately too, espeically Jovie because she cracks me up and is always doing weird stuff for her age!

The tree thing by the highway made me smile! Such a Cali thing!!! We have inmates in NC to do it ;)!

lindsey said...

you like that she puts her socks in her shoes cuz shes your lil prodegy... (sp?) now you need to teach me