Friday, November 16, 2007

Update

Blaise's fever went away. No other symptoms emerged. Teething maybe? I have no idea. He's now super cranky and is sleeping badly. He yells when anything goes wrong for him and when he doesn't get his way. He yells after I stop nursing him even if it's been 20 minutes. He was up for 2 hours last night just yelling. He wouldn't fall asleep nursing, in my arms, in Roy's arms, nothing worked. We finally just gave him some Tylenol and he fell asleep, but it was within 10 minutes of giving it to him, so I don't think it was the medicine that did it. Just now we were trying to get him to sleep and he just kept yelling and yelling so we put him in his crib and he fell asleep after about 10 minutes. I think he got so much holding and cuddling while he had his fever and now he's not ready to let that go. And I'm willing to cuddle and nurse him a little bit extra, but the way he yells and screams about it is just insane and there is just a limit of how many hours a day I can sit there nursing him. And he never seems sad when he is yelling -never any tears or anything -he's just really pissed. My heart doesn't ache like it does when he is really crying. It is actually kind of amusing.

Anyway, I can't even think clearly enough to write anything else. I am exhausted from our horrible night last night. And I've gotta go babysit for my friend. It was our turn to go out tonight but Roy has midterms to grade and we are all just so tired and just wanted to save our date for next week. Anyway, more later.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Ugh. Sorry!

Audra said...

If he continues to be fussy, I would look into an ear infection. It reminds me of how Jovie would act. And there were times when we would take her to the doctor with early symptoms and he did not see it and a few days later he would see it. But, at the same time, some kids fight ear infections on their own and do not need anything... I am just saying if it keeps getting worse!