Even though we've been here for several winters, we don't have a humidifier. I really think we should get one soon - especially since we've all been so sick already. Once when we were at my parent's house we used their humidifier because Blaise was all stuffy and it worked miracles. But I don't know what kind to get. I know cool-mist ones are safer for in a kids room. But what if I put it up high and Rae is not the type to ever mess with it - and I pretty much ALWAYS know what is going on in their room since our apartment is so small. Do cool mist work the same as warm mist? I know you have to make sure the cool mist ones stay really clean because it doesn't warm up the water and kill off the bacteria in it. I've done a little bit of research, but I just don't know what to get. And should I just invest a lot of money into a really really good one, or are the cheap ones okay? I need YOU, my lovely readers, to enlighten me with your experiences and opinions! Thanks in advance!
Oh, and the kids were up at 4:45 this morning! Maybe they will sleep in a little each morning and we'll get back on track sometime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
hey ash.. we have a vicks steamer and i've always loved it... it helps lily with her allergies and it was only 15 bucks or something.. and we bought the vapor stuff too and used that when seth and i were sick.. they are actually supposed to help anyone sleep better sick or not.. the only thing i don't like is that it uses all the water in one night and its a pain to refill. hope that helps
I just got the cheapest cool mist one at Walmart and it works well. I do have to change the filter on a regular basis 'cause it gets pretty gross.
Hmmm...I guess I'd better check our filters!
That's funny, out here it's so humid that we have a DEhumidifier. It's essential for keeping our basement not smelling all moldy, plus it helps keep my allergy at bay (dust mites thrive in humidity, my allergist told me, which explains why I never knew I had an allergy until we moved out here. Ha!).
We did have a humidifier once upon a time...I remember as a kid preferring the warm vapors. As an adult, I think I got the cheap kind and had to refill and clean it often. It was a pain.
Good luck with your decision!
I think my comment could be late , and may be you bought one already,anyways I've had 3 kinds of humidifiers and I really like all of them. I will use the cool ones in the summer and the warm ones in the winter, that's the difference that I see ,the cheapest one is the vicks and it works great to me , no filters , but you have to clean it and fill it every night like your sister said , the ones that come with a filter don't like because they are more expensive and then you have to "wash the filter or buy a new one" when I did change mine it was so super gross I can't believe the kids were breathing that.the one I have now is the vicks , warm steam.Works great!
Post a Comment