Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Alive and well....

....just busy! We got to our apartment here in Kirksville! We arrived this afternoon and are trying to settle in but our stuff won't be here till Thursday. We made a run to Walmart and got a ton of necessities and I think we'll be okay the next two days using our air mattress and paper plates. :) We like our apartment - nice, clean, newer than our last one, washer and dryer, dishwasher,central air, garbage disposal, mormon neighbors...what more could a girl ask for? We got a little bit of rain this evening and Roy was delighted to discover fireflies outside our door! He was really hoping there'd be some here.

Tomorrow we'll run a few errands around town and start shopping for a couch and dining room table (we left them behind) and maybe even hit a park, since they do wading pools during the summer. Poor Rae, we'll be unloading the truck on her birthday! It's okay though, because we've celebrated it twice already! We are using a neighbor's wireless right now and we'll hopefully get our own, legitimate internet set up this week. And maybe someday I'll have time to write all the stuff I want to write about!!

5 comments:

Linda, Mom and Granny said...

Yay! you're home!! I'm glad you like your apartment. But why can't you get your stuff until Thursday? I guess they have schedules, etc... At least you are ready for a couple days!
P.S. Go to the post office!

Katie said...

Got your message. Glad to hear you made it. Horray for fireflies!

Christie said...

Email me your address! I love the fireflies in that area.

mom and grandma of BOLTON BUNCH said...

Sounds like you are right on top of things, as usual. Glad to hear the move has gone smooth. Sounds like the new apt and neighbors will work out just fine. Enjoy!

Audra said...

That sounds so nice! I love fireflies! We got them all the time in Williamsburg, not so much here!!! We would catch them and try to make a lantern. Once, one got into my room in the mountains where it is really dark. You would not believe how much light one little firefly can make! I could see it flashing through my lids and could not get to sleep until it was out of the room! Good luck unpacking! You will be settled in before you know it!