Friday, July 11, 2008

Making progress

Let me start out by saying that I am using Roy's new laptop to write this and I am not used to the layout, so there may be typos that I don't notice.

Anyway, things are going really smoothly here. Our ABF trailer was delivered yesterday at 2 and after taking a look at it and deciding how were going to load it we ran a quick errand to get some rope, a padlock and some new shoes for Blaise. Then our friend brought over dinner (it was SO GOOD Paola!! Thanks again!) and we were able to sit down and have a nice hot dinner with real food. Then our neighbor took the kids downstairs to her apartment and we started loading up the truck. A friend from church came and was a huge help. He took all of the boxes down to the truck and Roy started stacking them. When all the boxes were out we decided to call it a night. The kids had a lot of fun at the neighbor's house (thanks again Linnea!!) and even got pjs on at her house, so when we came inside it was bedtime. Roy and I stayed up and got all of the furniture ready to be taken to the truck in the morning and loaded up the rest of random boxes. We managed to be asleep by 11.

Blaise actually slept in this morning (he always does that when we have something we need to be doing!) so we didn't get up till 7 and we had people coming to help at 8. Rae didn't get out of bed till about 8:15 and I actually had to force her out of her bed so I could put it in the trailer! We had 4 guys come and load stuff up this morning and we were done by 9! I took the kids to another friend's house and by the time I got home Roy and one of the guys had completely finished the trailer and were closing it up. Woo hoo! Since the kids were gone we got a lot done around here. We took out the carpet (except for our bedroom because that's where we are sleeping tonight) and took down the mini-blinds, cleaned up all the random stuff that had been put in random places and showered. It was so nice! Then we went to pick them up (thanks again Diana!!) and got some pizza for lunch and went to Walmart for a few random things. We just got home and all we have here is the laptop, clothes, a few blankets, the air mattress, a few toys and the dining room table (since we are leaving it behind). The kids are supposed to go over to another friend's house in a couple of hours to play, so that will be nice. In the mean time I'll let Rae watch a movie on the portable DVD player and try to get Blaise down for a nap.

We are so blessed to have such great friends and such a great ward! Tomorrow morning we'll load everything up into the van and then some gals from Relief Society will come and help me clean. Tomorrow night we are staying in a hotel and I'm looking forward to relaxing!

This will probably be my last post for a while, just wanted to let everyone know that things are going pretty good and we're getting through this! Can't wait to see the family at our reunion in just a week! Yay!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Ashley,
You should like an awesome mover. Seriously. You are the mover I have always wanted to be. Glad things are going well!

Christie said...

Yeah, Katie pretty much said it. Wow! I should tell you about our move from Madisonville sometime. And that was before we had kids. Or how about the fact that we spent our "honeymoon" cleaning out two apartments that we hadn't completely moved out of.

Linda, Mom and Granny said...

Well, I already knew Ashley was a awesome mover, so no more of that.

I hate that you are moving so far. I am crying just thinking about it.
But, it was good to have 6 years of visiting at your ap'ts and at Barelbel's home. And all the times you came to Blythe! I will miss you so much! I love you! See you soon at the reunion!