Rae had her first day of speech today. She goes MWF 8:30-9am. Do you know how hard it is to get everyone out the door by 8:15?? Ugh. Not something we are used to doing! I'm going to try to get something later in the morning, I don't know what I was thinking when I said I could do 8:30. Also, I've been exercising every morning at the school's rec center and I can't do it if we have speech at 8:30. So, I'm going to tough it out a week and then ask if we can make a change.
Rae really enjoyed speech and me and Blaise just hung out in the "lobby" area of the building and read a ton of books and just enjoyed having quiet time with just the two of us. We didn't have much of a breakfast this morning due to lack of time and lack of clean dishes, so after speech we went to Hy-vee, our grocery store here. They have a restaurant inside the store. Living in the mid-west or south is going to be the death of me. Everywhere you go they have delicious biscuits and gravy!!! So, so, so good! We got some biscuits and gravy and eggs,bacon and sausage. They put SO much gravy on your biscuits that you end up having a ton leftover, so I was dipping my eggs and bacon into the gravy! Oh my heck, my cholesterol is going to go up!
As Roy posted, Rae got a haircut on Friday. When we first cut her hair short I wanted her to get bangs, but she really didn't want them. But lately she's been asking for bangs, so we went and got them! They make her hair much more manageable and she can pretty much take care of it herself (on the days we aren't going anywhere super important) She also got her very own hairbrush. I cannot believe how much she is maturing, both in looks and personality! If we were sending her to school she'd be going to kindergarten next year! That is seriously insane!
I hit a squirrel this morning! As far as I know I've never hit one before. I tried so hard to avoid it, but it just went straight under my car! It was so horrible. I looked back and could see it just tossing and flopping around on the ground. I almost wanted to go back and hit it again to put it out of its misery!
This week is Homecoming Week at Truman, so there should be some fun events going on. We've had pretty warm weather lately, but last night there was this huge storm that lasted about 20 minutes and today it's nice and cloudy and cool. Still can't get used to the weather here! Anyway, that's about all going on right now. Hope to hear some updates from some of my siblings! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Yeah, you gotta change that time if it makes exercise impossible. Glad to hear Rae enjoyed it.
Your description of looking back and seeing the squirrel flopping around made me laugh out loud. Does that make me a bad person?
Do you think Pam will make it to homecoming? Maybe she is too busy planning her wedding.
Yes, it makes you a bad person! I guess if I was reading someone elses experience it wouldn't bother me, but for some reason the whole ordeal was dramatic for me.
Snap! I didn't even remember that Pam went to Truman! Dude, she should be more supportive of her alma mater!
How's Pam? OH, The Office.... invite her, tell her she isn't a nerd anymore. She should show up with Jim....
If you stay there long, you will get used to killing rodents....
If you see an armadillo in the road, don't hit it or you'll flip your car. The trick is to straddle it if you can't avoid it.
You're going to hit all kinds of squirrels and rabbits and etc. Extra points for snakes. Just watch out for the deer, especially the suicidal ones who like to jump in front of cars or even ram them.
Pam definately has to come for homecoming. She can design the banners. Jim can come and make a sales call. That would be quite the commission if he can snag a university contract. Maybe open a branch office out there.
There were way more squirrels by our apartment in Davis. And a TON of ducks that I always wanted to hit but never did. We did see a deer in the middle of the night that we came close to hitting...that was scary.
BTW Katie, Roy laughed when I told him the story.
I hit a squirrel just before turning into the institute parking lot on the way to church one morning. So EVERYONE got to see it flopping around AND I had to go by it again 3 hours later :( Definitely feel your pain.
From the Geezer Camp Cookbook
SEMINOLE SQUIRREL STEW
4 squirrels, cleaned and cut into serving pieces
2 cups flour
4 cups water
12 tbs bacon grease
Salt and pepper to taste
4 potatoes, cut into chunks
Mix flour, salt and pepper in a gallon zip-lock. Add
squirrel pieces and coat well. Heat bacon grease in
Dutch oven and fry squirrel until golden brown. Pour
off 1/2 of bacon grease and add water. Bring to boil.
Return squirrel to oven, cover and reduce heat to
simmer. Add potatoes and simmer 1 1/2 hours.
Serve with corn bread.
That's disgusting James!
I found a recipe for camel in another cookbook. I think it was a joke, though. No way you can fit 3 camels, 10 sheep, and 2 rabbits in a dutch oven.
Post a Comment