I wanted to blog about something other than our life, because life is kinda lame right now. But I couldn't really come up with anything. You know how those last few weeks of pregnancy go. I'm trying to stay busy and happy but I'm tired and irritated. But the weather is going to be great today, so I'll try to stay busy and distracted! Monday was a great day - I was busy, distracted, didn't even think about being pregnant! But Tuesday I started having a possible sign of labor (diarrhea) and so I spent the day doing last minute preparation. Wednesday was spent with more of the runs and more wondering what the heck is going on with my body. I also didn't have the car, so we were stuck at home. Today it is supposed to get up to 80, so I'm going to try to stay out of the house as much as possible!! (Near a bathroom though)
Have any of you had the runs as a sign of labor? I had the same problem with Blaise, but it was just once or twice and it was just 24 hours before he was born. I'm going on 48 hours now. Sigh.
**Just in case you think I'm crazy, here's the "medical" reason for the runs: "During the early part of labor, your body begins to release prostaglandins, a group of hormonelike substances that cause the uterus to contract and help soften and dilate the cervix. But prostaglandins can also hyperstimulate the bowels, causing frequent stools or even diarrhea, Dr. Grabowski says."
** Update: (10am) I checked the weather forecast this morning and it was supposed to be sunny and 80 degrees with some wind. Well, apparently the wind blew in some rain clouds, because it is warm, but it's also dark and dreary. So I checked the forecast again and now it's saying thunderstorms all afternoon. Why didn't they know this 2 hours ago??
Oh, and my poop is solid again. I knew you were all dying to know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Sorry we're leaving town and you might have the baby this weekend! I hope I can still be of help when we get back.
I got the runs both times before having my babies. Clears you out :)
I had the runs around 35-36 weeks with Elizabeth, but it wasn't a sign of going into labor.
That's not what I wanted to hear Christie.
Sorry, I don't have any advice on this. I got the runs a couple times during pregnancy but I have no idea what it was related to.
it was much more common for me to have the opposite problem when i was prego...
I got the runs a few times, but never right before labor. But it may have had to do with hormones changing. You talking about this makes me not miss pregnancy :)!
I had the runs just about every morning for the last few weeks of my pregnancy. I read a lot into it too, and we all know how that went :o( Sorry. I really really drove myself crazy.
Katie - good to know. I'll try not to let it drive me crazy. I'm trying to ignore it, but it's 4-5 times a day, so it's hard to ignore! But I'll stop taking it as a sign of labor. (And yes, it's back)
Post a Comment