Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Does this happen to you?

I'll get on the computer to look something up real quick (recipe, phone number, etc) and then notice that I have an email (I have a gmail notification thingy). Oooh, a comment from someone on my blog. Hmmm, I wonder if anyone commented after me on Katie's blog - lemme go check. Oh, Lindsey commented on Katie's blog....maybe Lindsey updated her blog - lemme go check. Nope, well, maybe Christie updated her blog. Nope. Well, maybe someone updated their facebook status. Then I spend a good 10 minutes wasting time on facebook. But before I can get off the computer lemme check my email (yahoo this time). Then I usually find myself getting into something else (just "real quick" of course) and 40 minutes later I'm finally off the computer and then realize I never even looked up the thing I got on the computer to look up!! Ugh. So, I'm going to start turning my computer OFF more often so that it takes more effort to pop on real quick. And maybe I should set a timer or something? Sigh, I've gotta get less attached to technology!

My sister Katie blogged about whether carrots (raw) give you the hiccups. Do they? They give me the hiccups. So does bread and sometimes apples. I can't find a reason for either one. Another question I have - when you go from dark to light do you sneeze? It's called photic sneeze reflex and it's genetic. Roy does it and Rae and Isaac do it. Do you? At least there's a reason for this weird trait!

6 comments:

lindsey said...

I don't sneeze when going from dark to light, but I do sneeze almost every time i brush my hair. now as for the internet thing... I do that waaay to much... infact I am doing that right now as i wait for lily to wake up. my problem is craigslist... even though the only thing I ever bought from there was my eliptical. I really need to work on that too...

Katie said...

Ashley- I can't believe you blogged about that (the sneezing thing)! I have been meaning to for such a long time. I had never heard of it, but Chad's family calls them sun sneezes. All my boys do it.

I really really do the internet thing. I have started to turn my computer off during the day, but sometimes it is my only way to communicate with Chad while he is at work, so I turn it back on to email him and then I never get off. It is such a bad habit and I know that is really affecting how much I get done around the house and how much time I spend with my boys.

Katie said...

Oh, and I also get the hiccups sometimes from eating bread - especially plan ol' white bread by itself.

Audra said...

I do not do the hiccup and sneeze thing, but I DEFINATELY do the computer thing. If your google analytics shows a lot of people being referred from la-lifeiswonderful it is because it is me just going down the list of people while I am bored, or on the phone... things like that. Like I am on hold now, so here I am typing to you and checking blogs.

mom and grandma of BOLTON BUNCH said...

Lindsey- you and Christie both comment on other's blogs but don't update yours- what's up with that? And yes, Ashley, I am also guilty of the "just check blogs, facebook, e-mail" before I get off after any quick transation (paying a bill, checking bank statement, getting a recipe) Amy and Ray are convinced I stay on the computer ALL DAY but, seriously, my computer is soooooo slooooow, as long as it is on, I do it all at once. Also, Cameron is a big sneezer but I never noticed when it happens,always in the morning before breakfast but not sure about dark/light thing. I will pay more attention.

Christie said...

Pat, I'm blaming it on Jeb. Seriously, ever since I got pregnant with him I've had an adversion to blogging!