Blaise is 11 months old today! I can't believe how many things he can do. I'll try not to brag, because I can't remember when Rae started doing these things and I don't know if he's as extraordinary as I think he is!
Of course he's an excellent walker now since he's been walking for 2 months now. He's starting to run and it's a pain to be constantly chasing him.
He uses a fork better than Rae does. He won't eat unless he has a fork.
He likes to imitate so many things. The other day he saw Roy brushing his teeth, so he ran and grab a crayon and pretended to brush his own teeth! He's done it again on several occasions, and now we give him his own toothbrush to use.
He likes candy - especially suckers.
He likes to dance.
He'll walk up to us and give us something and when we say thank you he grunts and nods and walks away. Then he'll come back and take the item from us and then do it all again.
He's starting to say "yeah" when we ask if wants something or wants to do something.
He's also starting to say "mama" and actually mean it.
He yells (not just a cry, but a really angry scream) if I do any of the following:
Take away something he shouldn't have
Refuse to nurse him
Leave the room when he's not distracted
Put him in his crib when he's awake
Refuse to pick him up
If Rae is trying to do something specific with her toys and won't let him touch them
He likes to attack Rae. He's not a very nice brother. He attacks her when she's vulnerable - like when she's a zombie watching tv.
He just brought a book over to me for me to read to him. He's starting to enjoy books
He's a pretty fun little boy. He's high-maintenance though. He wakes up at least 5 times a night and takes a long time to fall back asleep -even if I nurse him in bed. Last night Roy took care of him till about 2:30am and then I finally gave in and nursed him. He seriously needs to be night weaned. He'd be a lot happier during the day if he slept better at night. And so would I.
Anyway, I just can't believe he's been around for 11 months already. Where did this year go?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm glad you gave the boy a toothbrush instead of continuing to make him brush his teeth with crayons!
Awww, it was so good to hear so much about the little guy. I really wish I could see him again. He is growing up so quickly. I really like the part about attacking his sister.
Do you ever catch yourself comparing the two of them? Not like who is better or anything, just always thinking,"Hmm, Rae never did that." or "He does that just like Rae did." I always wonder if I will stop doing that with my kids when I have more than two.
Roy is constantly comparing them, but he seems to favor Blaise. He just thinks Blaise is a genius and forgets all of the amazing things Rae did when she was his age. I think he was around less when Rae was this age. And he even compares them right now and I have to remind him that Rae is changing and growing and doing cool stuff in more subtle ways that he doesn't notice. It drives me crazy sometimes. It should be interesting to see what the 3rd is like (for both of us) and if they are more like one sibling than the other.
That's so crazy how time flies. He was just a newborn when you brought him to our wedding last year. That was the last time I saw him. It's weird to think next month will be our one year anniversary. Aaron thought the part about him picking on Rae was pretty funny!
Post a Comment