Did you know he can raise only one eyebrow?
Burning his tie on his mission. Nobody told him you were supposed to take the tie off first!Can I just tell you how awesome this guy is? Since it's his birthday I get to brag about him and you all have to read it! :)
You all probably know that Roy is super smart, but he still has to work really hard to succeed. At UC Irvine it was a little easier for him and he graduated Summa Cum Laude. When he started graduate school he realized he was with some of best of the best so he'd have to work extra hard because he always has to get the best grade. He worked hard and finished graduate school in just 4 years! Now, in his first teaching position he's working his butt off to do his best. This is a whole new experience for him. He has to figure out how to manage his time to plan lessons, help students and teach math in a way that is interesting. He's also having to be more social and outgoing than he has ever had to before and he's doing a wonderful job. These past few weeks he's been so busy with his regular duties plus applying to jobs for next year. He goes to school from 9-5 everyday, comes home and plays with the kids, gets them to bed and then gets back to work till around 2 in the morning. Then the next day he does it all over again. And he never complains! He even comforts me when I complain about never seeing him! He's an angel.
Oh, and those jobs he's applying to for next year? He's doing me a big favor and applying to a lot of places near North Carolina because he knows I'd love to live near family.
Most of you probably think Roy's really quiet. Well, he is around most people. But when he gets really comfortable with you he'll chat your ear off and makes a lot of funny jokes! Oh, and he has great taste in movies - he loves action, Shakespeare, and the occasional romantic comedy. Poor guy - the new Batman movie comes out today and he doesn't even get to watch it because he has finals to grade. (His birthday always lands around finals time, so he never gets much of a celebration!)
I could go on and on about him. He's so good with the kids. Even when he's exhausted he'll wrestle with them, bathe them and read them stories every night. He used to do dishes every night but I've taken over that chore because he's so busy. He cleans the guinea pig's cage every week for me even though getting her was my idea and now I resent that idea. He's not super "manly" but he tries to fix things when can find out how on the internet. :) I like that even when something doesn't come naturally to him he tries to do it anyway. Anyway, he's an awesome guy and we all love him a ton! Happy Birthday honey pie!
7 comments:
That was really nice. I learned something about Roy. What Batman movie is coming out? Did you mean on video?
Yeah, on video. We didn't get to watch Dark Knight when it was in theaters because we were in the middle of moving.
mom and I wish Roy a happybirthday too
Happy Birthday. We watched Dark Knight for you last night.
Nice post Ashley.
We ended up watching it too! Roy decided he deserved a break on his birthday and he wasn't ready to start grading finals yet.
It was longer than I thought it was going to be and I enjoyed it but was exhausted by the end.
Glad to you got to watch it. I drank a whole lotta caffeine to make it til 11 when it ended.
Ah, sweet! I rember when I first got to know Roy (probably that Thanksgiving when we did sealings in Mesa)being surprised to find that he wasthe kind of guy I'd probably be friemds with in my singles ward. If we end up in NC and then you nd up near, James would be so happy!
Post a Comment