My aunt Pat hosted a party last night with my mom's side of the family. Most of Pat's family was there, and two of my mom's other sisters were there with some of their families. And my mom's parents were there too. It was quite a crowd. :) Rae and Blaise had plenty of little kids to play with and a nice big backyard and beautiful weather to play in. They stayed outside for about 2 hours while the adults hung out inside. I think Rae was jumping on the trampoline for a solid hour! It finally got a little too chilly to be outside around 6 and the kids were ready for bed, so that's when we went home. But the party went on for a few more hours! Pat did a "how well do you know your relatives" game where we each drew a name and had to answer the questions about that person. Luckily I got my grandpa and Roy got my aunt Pat (the only aunt he actually knows fairly well) but some of the people there were meeting each other for the first time, so it was fun to hear their answers. It was a great party and I'm glad I got to see a lot of my cousins! Thanks again Pat!
Friday Roy and I got to go on a date! We went and saw "Yes Man" in the theater (we usually only watch action movies in the theater, but this was our birthday present to each other and since we had free babysitters we thought we might as well - it's an okay movie) and went out to eat a La Casita Dos. Yum! My dad even had a card for a free meal for two that he let us use, so that was nice! While we were gone my parents took the kids on a bus ride the city was doing around town to look at Christmas lights. They had fun and didn't miss us much at all! We'll let the next set of grandparents watch the kids too while we are in Vegas so we can go to the temple. I'm glad our kids are at a good age for being babysat! :)
Today we went to church of course and have been hanging out this afternoon. My dad has been followed around by Rae all day and he's probably wishing he could go back to work! :) We are going to have a fire in the fireplace tonight ( even though it's 60 degrees outside right now! Love it!) which Rae is really excited about. I heard we missed an ice storm in Kirksville - oh darn! I'm going to have a hard time going home because it's even colder now than it was when we left!!!
Anyway, sorry no pictures, I'm just too lazy to transfer them from my camera. I'll probably do a whole post with pictures when we get home! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey! I just posted about my (bi-annual) date as well! Good to see you're doing well and getting settled in your new home. Love the Santa pictures.
Sounds like fun!!! Levi was talking about the get-together and that is so cool so many people were there at once!
So, so lucky. I've been reading Ric and Jessica's blogs and wishing I could be there to see everyone. We used to have so much fun at Parkins get togethers back when we were kids.
Post a Comment