Saturday, December 06, 2008

So ticked - UPDATE - NOT TICKED!

Update:
Okay, so after a few comments on my post this morning I decided that I should probably complain to someone, so I looked at my receipt for a number to call. I had my receipt that had my customized order and then stapled on top was a receipt with my order number and order total. I looked closely at the top receipt and realized it wasn't mine! They had stapled the wrong receipt. I didn't notice earlier because I didn't really have a reason to look at it, and when it was given to me I was in a hurry to get out of there. Also, I had another receipt that was for my credit card payment.

Anyway, I figured they had looked up the wrong order and hopefully my order was actually in the store. So I went back to Walmart (just to clarify, this was the Picture Me studio inside Walmart, not the Walmart photo center) and my pictures were there! Hooray! Still a little incompetence on their part, but I didn't notice the mixup either, so I wasn't mad about that part. I'm just glad I got my pictures!

Previous rant:
I went to Walmart today to pick up our family portraits. Nope, not there. They were supposed to come in yesterday but apparently there was some problem and they had to re-order them and they won't be in till the 17th!! The 17th!! The day after we leave! ARGH!!! I showed my disappointment to the lady telling me this, but I didn't want to complain too much. I mean, problems happen and sometimes things don't turn out right. But what if it was someones fault and they deserve to be complained to? And if it was a mistake or problem on their part, shouldn't they do something to make it better? Like, rushing my order? It is really going to take an extra 12 days to get my order?? What the heck. I feel like I should complain to someone but I don't know who, or whether or it would do any good or whether it would even be a reasonable thing to do. I hate confrontation, especially when I'm not sure if it is justified.

Anyway, just had to vent about that. Sorry everyone, I had planned to sit down tomorrow after church and do all our Christmas cards and send a family photo, but I guess that's not going to happen. I guess you'll get a New Years Card. And sorry mom and MIL, no family picture from us this year. I guess I'll have to mail them. Maybe I should make the studio mail me my pictures when they come in. Man, I'm so ticked.

10 comments:

Andrea said...

That sucks. Maybe you could could complain nicely but sternly and insist on a rush or refund. I mean, if it's a Christmas family photo that's not getting to you until a week before Christmas, that's not okay.

Amy Jenks said...

I had a problem w/ Walmart photo a few years ago and when I called the 800 number tbey were really nice and gave me a bunch of extra pictures for free. They did a rush on them and sent them straight to my house. I think it took less than 5 days. I hope that helps.

Pao said...

That's sound weird.I did my pics there and I did the 1 hr photo.I think you should call the main number or something, and complain, sorry I learn to do that thru my years :) Good luck with that,and I'm sorry that this happened to you.

Katie said...

It's not mean to expect them to perform like they should. You should definitely complain. I would be really really ticked. Also, keep checking in. I remember one time with Walmart we were going on vacation and they told us that they wouldn't be ready until after we were gone, but I checked again before we left and they were in.

Chad just reminded me that we had this problem with Sam's Club a few years ago when we ordered our Christmas pictures through them. They took way longer than they were supposed to and we didn't get them in time for Christmas. We complained and got a full refund.

I just got my cards from Kodak today and they SUCK. I can't really complain to them because I got them for free, but I will never use kodak again. They are by far the worst quality I have ever seen. They look like I printed them off my computer.

Audra said...

I would complain! If you want, I can do it for you... I am good at complaining ;)! But you should get what you paid for.

Christie said...

Woohoo! What a relief!

Christie said...

And I understood it was Picture Me (cause that's where we got ours done, too) but I think others were confused.

Katie said...

Yeah, I figured it was Picture Me too, and the experience with Walmart I talked about was them as well.

Hoorray for the stupid mistake!

Audra said...

Awesome!

Ric and Diona said...

Thanks for reminding me about Christmas cards, totally slipped my mind until I read your rant.