Monday, December 01, 2008

Big news!

My baby brother Bryce just got his mission call. He's going to Madrid Spain. While writing this I talked to him on the phone and he leaves for his mission on April 1st. (Good April Fools joke!) This is the last of the Jeppson clan to go on a mission! Pretty crazy!

I know you are all tired of hearing about the weather, but can I just say:

I HATE SNOW!

Our van doors were frozen shut this morning. Our windshield wipers were frozen in place. It was 20 degrees outside when we left for speech. Our front porch is not covered, so there is snow up to the front door, which means that when we walk into the house we either get our snow covered shoes on the carpet or slip on the small square of linoleum in our entryway. Most of these things could be solved by a GARAGE! I really don't think snow would bother me as much if we just had a garage to park in and to take off wet clothes.

Anyway, I'm done with my rant. The snow is still beautiful to look at and it will be fun to play in occasionally, but I'd still rather live somewhere else! :) And now I'll try to talk about the weather less often! Maybe I'll talk about pregnancy instead ;)

1 comment:

mom and grandma of BOLTON BUNCH said...

As a native southern Californian, I see nothing wrong with your rantings about the weather, it is perfectly justified in my opinion :) We are still experiencing HOT afternoons. Last night we lost power in all of Blythe and surrounding areas (to Salome, Parker, etc) for 3 hours at 10:00 PM and what kept us awake, is that our fans went off and it was too hot to sleep. But still the heat beats the snow and slippery situations and all that even though, like you said, it is pretty to look at. I have never had the desire to drive in snowy conditions either. So, hopefully, you will have a "warmer than usual winter" while there. Enjoy!