For spring break (March 9th-13th) we wanted to go to St.Louis for a couple of days, go to the temple and do some other fun stuff. Well, the St. Louis temple will be closed during that time. So I started looking at other temples in the area. Omaha is about 5 hours away and there are some fun things to do there (zoo, museum) but nope, the Winters Quarters temple will be closed during that time too. Okay, maybe we'll venture into Chicago - it's about 5-6 hours away. Oh, the Chicago temple is closed, scheduled to open on March 3rd, but subject to change. If it actually opened again on March 3rd, that'd be fine, but I don't want to wait till the last minute to make our plans.
The Nauvoo temple will be open but there's not a whole lot to do in Nauvoo or the surrounding areas. I guess we'll probably just take a day trip to Nauvoo and then a mini-vacation to St. Louis. Or maybe we'll drive the 930 miles to Charlotte and stop at the Nashville temple. Yeah, 30 hours round trip in one week - sounds like a relaxing vacation :) If only Charlotte was a little closer!
I've been looking forward to this spring break for so long and now all of my plans are being shot down! I guess that's what happens when we try to plan our vacation around going to the temple. Maybe we shouldn't be so righteous ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You can drive to Charlotte and leave your kids with their favorite aunt one day to go to the temple!!!! HELLO!
LOL- you crack me up! I hope that your are able to plan fun things and still make it to the temple.
You should go to Nauvoo and do some church history stuff. That would be really cool! The kids can just run around outside in between sites. Good luck.
You are a good woman :)! I hope you find some fabulous things to do for Spring Break!
Not a whole lot to do in Nauvoo? Well, I guess there's a little less when it's not summer, especially for little kids.
Well, yes, there is a lot to do in Nauvoo, but not so much in the cold weather. And there aren't a whole lot of places to eat or shop there. I like to be able to do it all in one places - entertainment, good food and lots of shopping.
We'll definitely be going in the summer for the pageant and there's a lot more stuff to do during that time.
Dallas!
Post a Comment