




Blaise was acting a little funny all day. Just being unusually grumpy and moody. I kept commenting that maybe he was getting sick or something. Well, that night he hardly ate any dinner and then threw up in the bath. Ugh. We put Rae to bed and got Blaise settled on the couch with some towels and a bowl. Roy went to return a video and while he was gone Blaise threw up again and then Rae threw up in her bed. So we got both kids settled on the couch with towels and bowls.

We let them watch some cartoons for a while and then put them back to bed. I called someone to sub primary for us and I went to bed too because my neck was killing me. Roy always stays up till 1 or 2 in the morning, so he took the night shift. He was so nice to let me sleep all night. The kids both woke up and threw up several times in the night but I slept through it all! I finally woke up around 2 to go to the bathroom and Roy went to bed. Blaise was asleep on the couch and Rae was in her bed. I sat with Blaise on the couch for a while until I was pretty sure he didn't have anything left to throw up. I put him in his bed and I went back to bed and we all slept peacefully till 6. In the morning both kids were so thirsty and hungry, but everything they ate and drank came right up. So we spent a weak, grumpy morning on the couch. My neck was bothering me all day. Both kids took a nap in the afternoon and I slept on the couch for a while. Roy took a nap later in the afternoon but then I started feeling really weak and sick. I never threw up or anything but I felt yucky all night. Rae threw up one more time in the late afternoon but there hasn't been any puke since then - yay! Both kids slept really well last night and are in good moods this morning. They haven't really had anything to eat this morning, just a little bit of juice. They are in the bath right now getting all the puke smell off of them. I'm anxious to get my house cleaned up and get things back to normal, but I want to make sure I don't hurt my neck again. I'm so glad this all happened on the weekend when Roy was here to help out. And I hope he doesn't get what the kids had! We haven't been sick like this in a long, long, long time! I hope it's a long time before we get it again!

Saturday night - you can see the clock in the background. It's 11:15 and there are some crazy cartoons on at that time of night.

5 comments:
Yikes! I was sick last night/this morning...violently ill in both directions, but thankfully it passed quickly. I'm hoping it was something I ate (not at all like m/s) and not something the girls or James can get. Especially not James, since he's got the job interview!
Hope your babies continue to feel better and neither you nor Roy get it!
I'm glad you and the kids are over it.
I threw up this morning when I was brushing my teeth. I think it was a combination of trying to eat normal foods for breakfast and then gagging when I brushed my teeth. I'm going to give my tummy a break for a while and hopefully I'll be fine. The kids are just now eating some food. I hope it stays down because I'd probably puke if I had to clean up puke right now.
Christie - I hope James doesn't get anything! Roy got sick last year when had an interview and pretty much ruined it. Sigh. Could have been living in AZ right now :)
Glad you got to go sledding! Sorry about the rest. Gabe and Chad got some stomach thing the right before Chad birthday and now that we are past it we all have a cold, even the baby. He actually slept on my chest the other night like a little newborn. It was really sweet (for awhile at least!)
That mess is going around. My mom just had it as well! It passes quickly... which means it has probably passed already, but I am sorry you had to deal with the puke... I hate the puke. And I hate when they are so hungry but you cant feed them, I always feel so bad!
Post a Comment