Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sugar cookies - bleh

Thanks for the recipes Chantel and Sara! I ended up using Chantel's recipe because I didn't have enough sour cream for Sara's. I do want to try Sara's recipe though - they look really yummy. But I'm not sure that sugar cookies are worth their effort. I mean, come on, they don't even have chocolate in them!! The ones I made turned out good. They are thick and soft and sweet. But to make them delicious I still need to frost them. And to make them interesting I have to decorate them. Any cookie that requires that much effort should at least have chocolate! I guess I'm just much of a domestic person. And I hate having the kids help - it always makes me stressed and annoyed. I'm going to have 5 preschoolers decorating them tomorrow - should be interesting! I'm gonna need some real good, chocolate cookies after we are done!

9 comments:

Katie said...

Sounds like you and Chad see eye to eye on sugar cookies. He is thinks they are a big waste of a cookie. I don't think I have made them once since we have been married.

Sarah said...

Can you post the recipes...I'm always looking for new ones...especially ones that are like the ones you get at the bakery :)

Ashley said...

Sara's recipe is linked in this post, and Chantel's recipe is in the comments on the previous sugar cookie post. I think Sara's recipe would be a lot like the ones in the bakery.

Sara said...

they are SO worth the effort!
yes, they are a pain, but mmmmm i love them. i'm a sucker for a good sugar cookie, though.

but HERE is a recipe if you love chocolate. You must try it. And look, it requires two betty crocker mixes. Easy peasy!

http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2009/01/thaaank-you-betty.html

Sara said...

p.s. skip the frosting

Ashley said...

Sara,
Now THAT sounds like my kind of recipe! That might be my valentine day treat!

Olivia Carter said...

Ah sister! I feel the same way! I LOVE CHOCOLATE & I'm so-so on sugar cookies. I like them because of the decorations. I make them for holidays & other times like that. But I don't love them.

Belle of the Blues said...

Yeah, I think sugar cookies are a pain. I make them once or twice a year, usually in the winter when we're looking for something to do...

Audra said...

I made them with the kids for Santa and it was SO overrated. I agree, big pain! When I cut them out they did not even barely look like the shaped they were supposed to be when baked and it was just a pain. I am even thinking about getting rid of my cookies cutters I was that dissapointed. I like me some chocolate chip cookies. And I can whip those up in like 5 min from scratch! I have the receipie memorized!