Roy convinced me to rent Twilight last night. I disliked it as much as I figured I would. There were several things that bothered me about it and now I know why I just couldn't even imagine reading the books when I heard what they were about. And I'm not just saying this because I want to be different than everyone else - I really, really didn't like it. Roy, on the other hand, loved it and is excited for the next one. What a traitor.
Oh, and make sure you keep up on the videos under "Favorite Stuff Right Now" in our sidebar. They are hilarious!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
It just doesn't work to watch the movie first. Doesn't even capture what hooks people.
That said, James enjoyed the movie without having read the book, probably for the same reasons Roy did.
Kristen Stewart and vampire baseball? What's not to like?
It was fun watching to see which parts of lore were "borrowed" from the White Wolf RPG games.
No, no, no, the book couldn't possibly change my mind about the things that bothered me. It's the plot - it's ridiculous and impossible to believe and accept.
Ashley doesn't believe in... shall we say... intergenerational love.
i don't really like the movie.. i watched it right after i read the book and i critized it way too much and then i watched it again just the other day and liked it alot more. i still don't like kristen stewart and i wish the rumors were true that they aren't using her for the 3rd and 4th books.
I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm a huge Twilight fan! Don't judge me, please... :) That being said, I do not like the movie. But you should really read the book, if only to make an educated decision!
Seriously, when Katie told me the synopsis of the book I was determined to never read them. So I am sad you saw the movie before the book. The book has A LOT more to it. And yes, I wish they were not using Keirsten Stewart of whoever Bella is. She sighs and seems mad all the time and delivers her lines terribly. I was watching it last night while I had a hair dryer in the freezwer part of our refrigerator defrosting the coils.
Forget the movie... read the book. It is a fast read. Just give it a go.
I'm planning to get the book from the library and read it when Isaac is a newborn and I have nothing better to do than nurse. But unless the book can explain why anyone in their right mind is going to throw away their life to be in love with a vampire and why a vampire who has been around for 100 years would have any interest in a shallow 17 year old, then I don't think I'll be reading book number 2!
It is A LOT more sensible when you read the book... and there is more to the reltaionship in book 2 and A LOT more to it in Book 3 and then it all comes full circle in Book 4... so really... you have to read them ALL to get the WHOLE point... but yes... the book does not make it seem like she suddenly met a vampire, was obcessed with him, and was madly in love with him the next day. I hate that mess. I re-watched the movie between last night and during lunch today and they just seem to not even like each other and she is just weirdly intranced by him in the movie. The book is so not like that! And yes, the fact that he has been around a long time seems weird... BUT... when you get through a few of the books it makes A LOT more sense. And the part where he takes her to the top of the mountain in the movie is such a crock of bull. They took the best and sweetest part of the book (which people lovingly refer to as the meadow scene) and made it intense, freaky, and like he was scary. No... you HAVE to read the book! I will not allow Levi to watch Twilight until he reads it. He does not have time now, but I am making him read it over the summer... haha!
Is this book life changing? No. Is it worth the read? Yes. Is it a nice little escape novel that is good to read while nursing? DEFINATELY! This book is the reason I recovered from my surgery! I was trying to do too much after my surgery and I never seemed to fully heal. I got into these books and when Levi would come home I would retreat to the room to make myself get better... and I really wanted to see what would happen next. And when I would finish a book I would get mad at myself for finishing it too quickly and not having more to read. And this is SO not me. I am not a reader. But these books are a lot of fun I think!
Now I just have to hope you like them even a little bit so you do not laugh at me in the future!
Oh and by the way, the Edward I picture when reading the book is WAY hotter than the Edward in the movie! Haha... so that is why it is better to read the book first!
Yeah, Ashley, if you read the whole series you'll get your answers.
Ashley, I'm with you. I haven't read the book or seen the movie, but I've heard enough. No book, no movie for me!
Post a Comment