(I don't want this to overshadow Roy's post from earlier - make sure you scroll down to see his)
8. She gave birth to EIGHT children...all natural births. One of 'em was the day before Mother's Day - I was trying to be like her. :)
7. She was able to stay at home with us kids and it meant a lot to me. Even when she did have to take odd jobs here and there for some extra income, she was still available before/after school for us and I always knew we were her top priority.
6. She taught us to do chores. I was pretty young when I started helping out with laundry and was in charge of my own when I turned 14 and I'm sure I started dishes when I was tall enough to reach the sink! :) She taught us that everyone in the family takes care of the house, not just mama!
5. She let us have pets (which I'm sure she did a lot of the taking care of), she made it possible for our family to go camping all the time (I'm sure that was NOT very relaxing), she always let us have friends over to play, and she let us be in dance classes and sports. She probably could have saved herself some work and said no to these things, but she didn't.
4. She always volunteered for stuff that we were involved in. She'd help out at school events, church events, everything. I loved that my mom was always a part of my activities.
3. She is a fantastic granny. She tries to know her grand kids individually and not just make assumptions about them. I can't wait for her to come visit and see my kids!
2. She makes me feel like a good mother. She compliments my efforts and makes advice when needed. She recognizes my strengths and weaknesses.
1. She has always been an example to me of someone who has faith in Jesus Christ. More than anything she has given me or done for me, I am so grateful for the testimony she helped me gain at a young age.
I love you mom! Happy Mother's Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks, Ashley!
Post a Comment